3dcart is an all-in-one ecommerce platform that allows users to build a website and online store, fulfill orders, and manage inventory. It provides third-party integrations, SEO and marketing tools, and accepts over 160 payment providers. It costs anywhere from $19 to $229 a month and is best for those that want an all-in-one solution for creating a website, online store, and blog.
3dcart Pros and Cons
160+ payment gateways
Not friendly to those without website design experience
Robust and flexible features
Limited design customization
Competitive pricing plans
Customer support is slow to respond
Who 3dcart Is Best For
- Small businesses that offer product variations and digital goods, as well as manage multi-channel stores, since 3dcart lets you showcase unlimited products, with an annual sales limit of up to $1 million. It also allows you to integrate with marketplaces such as eBay and Facebook, and its robust features provide room for scalability.
- Those that want an all-in-one solution for creating a website, online store, and blog given its website builder, free mobile-friendly themes, and content management system (CMS).
3dcart’s pricing page reflects five subscription plans ranging from $19 to $229 per month. The main differences between the plans are the numbers of users and email accounts, annual online sales limits, credit card processing rates from partners, and access to premium features such as autoresponder campaigns and shipment delivery notifications.
Numbers of Users
Numbers of Products
Numbers of Email Accounts
Online Sales Per Year
Up to $50K
Up to $100K
Up to $250K
Up to $500K
Up to $1M
Special Credit Card Rates from Partners**
As low as 2.9%
As low as 2.9%
As low as 2.7%
As low as 2.7%
As low as 2.5%
24/7 Phone Support
*Annual plans are paid in full at the start of the billing cycle.
**The processing fee for debit and credit cards begins at 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction for all 3dcart plans. Based on your subscription and third-party payment partner requirements, you may be eligible for that plan’s published processing rate. Eligibility requires that you’re a US-based company and a new 3dcart client. You also need to submit an application for credit card processing account with a third-party partner.
All plans include domain registration, unlimited website bandwidth, secure web hosting, greater than 50 mobile-ready themes, more than 100 payment providers, API access, 24/7 chat and email support, unlimited orders, no transaction fees, a built-in blog, and a Facebook store.
Startup Store and Basic Store
The Startup Store is ideal for those that are just starting out, while the Basic Store has the essential features you need to launch your store, along with a CRM and 3dFeedback feature (customer survey and review).
Plus Store and Power Store
Plus Store provides a complete marketing suite, allowing you to group customers, process FedEx returns, and perform a product comparison. Meanwhile, the Power Store is considered the most popular, as it gives you the ability to autoship recurring orders and enable waitlists and back-in-stock alerts.
This is considered the most advanced plan among the five, providing you with ecommerce automation. Autoresponder campaigns, shipment delivery notifications, pre-orders, and a quick start onboarding sessions are just a few of the added features to this plan.
An enterprise ecommerce platform is also offered for high-volume online stores, and you may contact the provider for a quote. On a tangent, if you are interested in trying the platform, then you may sign up for a 15-day risk-free trial, no credit card required.
3dcart Alternatives 2020
Most ecommerce and multichannel businesses
Growing businesses selling exclusively online
Brick and mortar shops that want a free online store
Starts at $29 per month
Starts at $29.95 per month
Starts at $0
3dcart is designed to be all-in-one software, allowing you to build your website, establish an online store, accept payments, and create marketing campaigns. Here are some of its features to help you determine if it meets your ecommerce requirements.
3dcart comes with dozens of free and premium mobile-friendly themes. A key feature of these themes is the automatic integration of Google AMP for product pages, which provides additional speed on mobile via instantaneous page loading.
- QuickCart feature: You can display a pop-out summary of the customer’s cart whenever they add an item.
- Easy to view, edit, and save carts
- One-page or three-page checkout
- Customer accounts and guest checkout
- 200 payment methods
- Real-time shipping rates display
- Cart abandonment recovery
- It provides the ability to process phone and manual orders from your dashboard.
- You can also print shipping labels straight from your dashboard.
- 3dcart has a built-in Customer Relationship Manager (a configurable ticket system) that provides your customers with a fast method for requesting support.
- You can set up rules to automatically group or segment customers based on behavior or certain conditions such as purchase history.
- The provider’s other features include pre-order ability, dropshipping support, custom segmentation, and multi-channel ability.
- Showcase unlimited physical product options and variants and digital goods
- Upsell and cross-sell
- Product comparisons
- Inventory notifications such as detailed stock counts, stock alerts, and out-of-stock settings
- Gift certificates and discount coupons
- Customer reviews via its built-in review system
3dcart has an ecommerce app marketplace called App Store Online. It offers over 200 integrations with a variety of software such as accounting, ecommerce tools, dropshipping suppliers, and fraud prevention. Here are some of its popular integrations:
- Marketplaces: eBay, Walmart, Amazon, Google Shopping, Facebook, and Instagram
- Order Fulfillment: Red Stag Fulfillment, Shipwire, Fulfillment by Amazon, Rakuten Super Logistics, and Printful
- Payment Providers: Square Pay, Square Register, PayPal, Amazon Pay, Google Pay, and Apple Pay
- Shipping Partners: UPS, Fedex, and DHL
Most Helpful 3dcart Reviews
Most of the 3dcart reviews I have read are positive, with most of them highlighting that it can handle everything from website design to order fulfillment. Some users also noted that 3dcart meets their needs for scalability. A few reviewers, however, mentioned that customer support can be a bit slow to respond and that customization is limited.
Robust built-in features along with extensive add-ons
“3dcart is a solid ecommerce platform that’s reliable and easy to use. It has modern, responsive templates, and it’s relatively simple to configure the online store for your needs. Although it has a good selection of third-party add-ons (or apps) like most ecommerce platforms do, 3dcart has a lot more built-in to its system than most others. Customer service is helpful and responsive.”
Customization is limited
“Usability isn’t the best. Also, it’s very template-y, so customization is pretty limited.”
—Mark Z. Wong
3dcart Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are there setup or transaction fees?
No, there aren’t.
Can I switch my store from another platform?
Yes, 3dcart can help you transfer your store to its platform. Its specialists can assist with the products and design migration.
Do I need a separate web host or website?
You can use your 3dcart online store with any existing website; but if you don’t have one, then you can run your entire website, online store, and blog directly from 3dcart.
Our Top Ecommerce Software Picks
If you aren’t sure if 3dcart is right for you, then this article on the best ecommerce platforms is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of software and narrowed our recommendations down based on price, ease of use, user reviews, and features such as payment processing, inventory management, reporting and analytics, additional sales channels, and integrations.