AccurateNow Pros and Cons
Ease of use and affordability
Occasional delays in releasing reports
Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)-compliant reports
Pre-adverse and adverse action notices cost extra
Global-reach; background check services cover 195 countries
Who AccurateNow Is Best For
- SMBs in the insurance, retail, transportation, staffing, gig economy, and healthcare industries: AccurateNow offers screening services that you can customize to fit the hiring requirements of your business and of certain job roles (such as medical and transportation-related jobs). You will also be provided access to web-based tools—which includes electronic forms, automated alerts, and compliance controls—that can help streamline your background check processes.
AccurateNow’s pricing scheme is based on the number of background checks you’ll need in a year. For those that require less than 100, the provider offers three plans that cost anywhere from $29.95 to $74.95 per report (plus a $25 one-time setup fee). If you need 100 or more, then you’ll have to request a quote.
Fees Per Report
One-Time Setup Fees
Social Security Number (SSN) and Address History
National Criminal Check with County Verification
National Sex Offender Registry Check
7-Year Criminal History Search*
(Fraud and Terrorist Records Search)
Education and Employment Verification*
Covers one school and one company
Background Check Options
*You may be charged additional fees to cover the data access costs imposed by county courts, state and county offices, schools, and other institutions.
If you need additional background checks, then you can opt to purchase AccurateNow’s add-on screening services and tools. Here are some of its options:
- Pre-adverse and adverse action letter distribution: $5
- Education verification: $9.95
- Employment verification: $9.95
- Federal criminal search: $9.95
- Motor vehicle report: $9.95
- Professional license verification: $9.95
AccurateNow Alternatives 2020
Background Check Companies
(Best overall) Any business, thanks to the full range of affordable background checks offered
Healthcare and nonprofit firms that need to ensure the safety of their clients
Employers in states like California, Massachusetts, and New York with tough labor laws
HR professionals wanting data to interface with top HR and payroll software like ADP and Paychex
Global firms using enterprise software systems like Workday and PeopleSoft
Finance and bookkeeping services wanting financial and credit history of their hires
Aside from verifying a candidate’s information and work credentials, AccurateNow can help you comply with the regulations and legal requirements specific to your business’ industry type. Let’s look at some of its screening services and tools.
Background Check Services
With AccurateNow, you gain access to employment screening services and background check reports that are FCRA-compliant. Here are some of its services:
- County and state criminal searches: The provider will search through county and state criminal databases to check whether a candidate has felony and misdemeanor convictions.
- Federal criminal search: This search includes checking state-level records from 92 federal districts.
- Education verification: In order to improve the accuracy of its reports, AccurateNow partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse to verify candidates’ college and university education details.
- Employment verification: Aside from contacting applicants’ previous and current employers to validate the information they provided, AccurateNow will look through The Work Number’s database to check employment and salary details.
- Professional references: AccurateNow conducts brief phone interviews with candidates’ former supervisors to get their feedback about the applicants.
- Pre-employment credit check: This service includes a full-scope credit report, wherein AccurateNow will search through major credit bureaus to look for potential issues or discrepancies.
- Drug and health screening: AccurateNow has comprehensive drug testing and health screening services to help assess candidates’ general health, allowing you to make informed hiring decisions. For reference, its services include the following:
- Urine, hair, and oral fluid drug testing
- Department of Transportation (DOT)-approved drug testing and medical services
- Pre-employment health screenings for new hires
- Industry-specific medical and health checks
- Global searches: Its international background check services include more than 2,000 searches that span across 195 countries.
E-Verify and Form I-9
This solution allows you to check a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States. It also lets you capture, store, and verify digital Form I-9s for new hires.
AccurateNow’s platform features end-to-end compliance tools that enable you to efficiently manage all the employment screening-related legal requirements in your business and industry. These tools include configurable compliance forms, automated pre-adverse and adverse action notices, and a secure document management solution.
Your candidates can accomplish digital forms, electronically sign and upload documents, submit consent forms, and track the status of their background checks. This tool is also mobile-optimized, enabling candidates to access it on tablets and smartphones—provided that there is an internet connection available.
Client Ordering Solution
You can use this solution to place background check requests, order additional screening services, view reports, and monitor metrics. However, access to this tool is only granted to businesses that have a high volume of yearly background checks.
AccurateNow has a robust selection of integration options—from HR and ATS platforms to recruitment and talent management solutions. Below are some of its partner systems:
- Cadient Talent
- IBM Kenexa
- Oracle Peoplesoft
Summary of AccurateNow Reviews
As of the date this article was written (Aug. 6, 2020), there are no up-to-date AccurateNow reviews available online. If you are a past or current AccurateNow customer, then leave a review to help others who are deciding whether or not to use the provider’s software and services.
AccurateNow Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does it take for AccurateNow to complete a background check?
According to its website, the timeframe for conducting background checks depends on the type of screening service requested and the responsiveness of the source of information. You may contact AccurateNow to discuss your screening requirements and inquire about the expected turnaround time.
My company is using an in-house developed ATS. Can I integrate it with AccurateNow?
Yes, you can integrate your in-house ATS with AccurateNow by using its developer API tools.
How will AccurateNow collect the initial candidate data to run background checks?
AccurateNow offers two data collection options: Express and Interactive. With Express, you have to gather the information (such as education history and employment details), secure the candidate’s consent, and then pass the details to AccurateNow. With Interactive, you need to provide the candidate’s full name and email address to AccurateNow, and then it will collect the information and secure the candidate’s consent for a background check.
Our Top Background Check Company Picks
If you aren’t sure if AccurateNow is right for you, then this article on the best background check companies is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations down based on price, user feedback, customer support, and features such as employment screening, compliance tools, and software integrations.