Ambition is a sales performance management platform for building, scaling, and optimizing metric-driven teams. Its features include custom goals, scorecards, leaderboards, gamified contests, actionable coaching, sales forecasting, rewards system, and customizable dashboards. It is best for managers who want to motivate their sales reps through sales coaching and gamification.
Ambition Pros & Cons
An enjoyable way to track performance progress
No available mobile app
Works for remote and in-office teams
A bit difficult to set up on the admin side
Who Ambition Is Best For
- Sales managers looking for gamification software that drives positive behavior change: Ambition’s gamification platform enables you to create custom games, contests, and metric-driven coaching programs to motivate reps and ignite their competitive spirit, as well as drive energy to the sales floor.
Ambition’s pricing is not readily available on its website. However, this is the pricing information from a third-party source: Sales TVs ($570/month), Gamify ($750/month), Coach ($750/month), Pro ($1,200/month), and Enterprise (custom priced). The prices mentioned above are based on a 30-seat average.
- Metric-based coaching: This feature helps you structure actionable, metrics-driven coaching sessions with your sales reps. You can build custom 1-on-1 coaching tracks with a personalized approach for reps who need more help, or scale them to fit the needs of your whole team.
- TVs: With Ambition’s TVs, you can drive energy to your sales floor with real-time triggers, leaderboards, and custom messages. It automatically plays personalized anthems when a rep exceeds milestones. Your reps get more motivated to hit their targets when publicly recognized.
- Scorecards: Managers can create scorecards for every role, territory, and team with custom metrics and scoring weights. Ambition’s scorecards help reps understand and measure specific activities so they can adjust to correct behaviors.
- Analytics and insights: Ambition delivers insights with its artificial intelligence (AI)-powered analytics. Analytics gives sales leaders the visibility of their reps’ leading indicators, as well as identify the areas that need to be corrected.
Ambition Alternatives 2020
Sales Management Tools
Sales teams that want to showcase leaderboards on TVs for large group visibility
Organizations wanting a sales management platform with team management and rep performance dashboards
Sales managers needing a multipurpose tool for training and communicating with reps
Most Helpful Ambition Reviews
Most Ambition reviews found online are positive. Many love that its gamified goals, contests, and achievements create fun competition among their teams, boosting the overall productivity levels. They added that its dashboard displays detailed reports on each team member’s performance. Some commended its seamless integration with Salesforce.
Great platform to motivate sales reps while keeping them competitive
One user who gave Ambition a positive review on G2 said that the reports on the dashboard keep her updated on her company’s sales performance as well as her colleagues’. She added that the celebratory videos, called “anthems,” help her teammates recognize each others’ successes.
Has a steep learning curve
As of the date this article was written (June 11, 2020), there are very few up-to-date negative Ambition reviews available online. However, some users mentioned that the navigation for the admin side can be a bit clunky and that it’s sometimes difficult to set up “Goals” properly in the system.
Ambition Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I integrate Ambition with my existing apps?
Yes. Ambition integrates with Salesforce, Slack, Cisco, and Velocify.
Does it work for my sales reps who are out in the field?
Yes, it does. Ambition helps sales managers and their field rep teams get more engaged and connected.
Does Ambition have a mobile app?
Currently, Ambition does not have a mobile app. If enabled and applicable within your organization, Ambition can be accessed through the Salesforce1 mobile app.
Our Top Sales Management Tools Picks
If you aren’t sure if Ambition is right for you, this article on the best sales management tools is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed down our recommendations based on price, ease of use, customer support, and features like customization, mobile apps, reporting, and analytics.