CallHub is an autodialer software that integrates with widely used customer relationship management (CRM) systems. It features phone number verification, answering machine detection, and follow-up scheduling. Its agent connection fees for outbound U.S. calls start at $0.007 per 30 seconds. It’s best for advocacy, volunteer, and nonprofit groups that use temporary phone banks.
CallHub Pros & Cons
Easy to utilize and set up
Occasional software glitches and bugs
Reasonable pay-as-you-go pricing
Limited online documentation available
Responsive 24/5 customer support
Who CallHub Is Best For
- Advocacy, volunteer, and nonprofit groups that use temporary phone banks: Apart from its autodialer functions, CallHub offers a virtual phone bank designed for political and advocacy groups with volunteers and short-term staff. It also has advanced volunteer management and recruitment features that aid in growing campaigns easily without any added fees.
CallHub’s pay-as-you-go pricing for phone calls within the United States starts at $0.007 per 30-second increment based on the mode of connection. Regular 10-digit numbers used as caller IDs costs $2 per month. You will also be charged for outbound call costs—depending on the destination—where fees start at 1.4 cents per 30 seconds.
Browser or Softphone
Agent Connection Cost per 30-Second Increment
Starts at $ 0.007
Starts at $0.014
Starts at $0.012
Outbound Call Cost per 30-Second Increment
Starts at $0.014
Starts at $0.014
Starts at $0.014
Reports and Analytics
Unlimited Agent Accounts
Live Phone Call Monitoring
Prices above are calculated by adding the agent connection rate to the cost of the outbound call to the destination. CallHub’s other services include:
- Voice broadcasting
- When the message is sent as a prerecorded voice call: 1.4 cents per 30 seconds
- Peer-to-peer texting
- 3.4 cents per SMS (outbound text) or 1.2 cents per SMS (inbound text)
- 12 cents per MMS (outbound MMS) or 6 cents per MMS (inbound MMS)
- SMS broadcast
- When the number used as a caller ID is a short code: 5 cents per text (outbound text) or 3 cents per text (inbound text)
- When the number used as a caller ID is a 10-digit number: 3.4 cents per text (outbound text) or 1.2 cents per text (inbound text)
- Fee for short code used as caller ID costs $25 per keyword, per month
- SMS opt-in
- When the number used for promotion is a shortcode: 5 cents per text (outbound text) or 3 cents per text (inbound text)
- When the number used for promotion is a 10-digit number: 3.4 cents per text (outbound text) or 1.2 cents per text (inbound text)
- Collective calling
- When an agent makes the outbound call using a phone: 1.6 cents per call; fees apply after the free 5,000 calls are used.
CallHub Alternatives 2020
Auto Dialer Software
Small businesses that need a comprehensive autodialer at a competitive price
Small businesses that want a cloud-based autodialer that doesn’t require expensive equipment
Starts at around $185/month*
Businesses that need an autodialer with built-in lead management designed for sales teams
plus 1.5 cents/minute*
Businesses that want an autodialer offering a menu of a la carte features and options
Plus $75-$375 (calling plans)
Businesses that want an autodialer that relies heavily on CRM tools for cold calling leads and sales pipeline movement
*Prices are available upon consultation, and figures are estimated based on research.
CallHub provides telephony and autodialer services that help agents reach customers and create calling campaigns. Here are some of CallHub’s most essential features.
- Virtual phone bank: If you are looking for a political or advocacy phone bank, then CallHub is for you. It offers automated and manual phone banking tools that help you reach more voters, onboard remote volunteers, track responses, and sync data with NationBuilder, Action Network, and NGP VAN.
- Live call monitoring: You may join and record your agent’s live calls while you are on mute for training sessions and quality assurance.
- Multiple dialing modes: Choose between a power dialer, predictive dialer, and preview dialer, depending on the type of conversation, time, budget, size of your campaign, and the number of callers available. Moreover, automated outbound calls are allowed through its robo-dialer.
- Analytics dashboard: Its analytics dashboard displays a comprehensive view of your campaign’s performance and provides a leaderboard for your volunteers. These insights enable you to track call and text reach, volunteers’ call progress, contact frequency, and more.
- Phone book analysis: CallHub checks the validity of the phone and mobile numbers of your selected contacts or your entire phone book. Then, you may edit or remove invalid numbers, giving you a more accurate contact list.
CallHub is among the most affordable solutions that provide numerous types of dialers in the market. For instance, Voicent provides the same dialers as CallHub, but its rates are more expensive.
Additionally, CallHub, when compared with its top alternatives, is the only autodialer that integrates with CiviCRM, a widely used CRM platform for fundraising. It also allows volunteer and agent groupings to enable them to work on various tasks, unlike most autodialer services.
Summary of CallHub Reviews
As of the date this article was written (May 13, 2020), there are very few up-to-date CallHub reviews available online. If you are a past or current CallHub customer, leave a review to help others who are deciding whether or not to use the software.
CallHub Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What types of payments does CallHub accept?
CallHub accepts payments made through Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express, JCB, and Diners Club. You may also contact its sales team at email@example.com to learn more about other payment methods and help you set up your account.
Are there any charges for busy or invalid numbers?
No, there aren’t. Fees only apply for calls that are picked up by an answering machine or a human. Calls that do not count include the following: unanswered calls, calls that are not connected successfully, busy lines, and invalid numbers.
Am I required to rent a number from CallHub?
Yes, you are for text message marketing campaigns. Once you rent a number from CallHub, you may also set up a number to which calls will be transferred.
Meanwhile, for voice campaigns, you may validate a mobile, landline, or voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP) number and utilize that as your caller ID instead. Take note that all calls will be routed to the number used as the caller ID.
Our Top Autodialer Software Picks
If you aren’t sure if CallHub is right for you, this article on the best autodialer software providers is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations down based on price and features, such as call analytics, call routing, and customer support.