CommentSold Pros and Cons
Easy to use
Not available outside the US
Order fulfillment and inventory automation
Does not integrate with website builders or POS
Seamless social media integration
Who CommentSold Is Best For
- B2C businesses that want to leverage their social media channels for selling: CommentSold has features that eliminate manual tracking of sold items across your Facebook and Instagram channels. Once a customer comments “Sold” on an item, it automatically raises an invoice that is sent to the customer. All the customer needs to do then is click on the link and pay using any of the accredited payment providers.
CommentSold’s pricing scheme is based on three subscription tiers, with fees that range from $49 to $149+ per month. The main differences between the plans are CommentSold’s commission on sales, access to custom development, and the type of customer support.
Commission on Sales
CommentSold’s basic plan is ideal if you are just starting your business. You can integrate your store with your socials (Facebook, Instagram, and Shopify) and perform inventory management, raise automatic invoices, and access real-time chat support.
If you are hitting over $5,000 a month in sales revenue, then subscribing to the Boutique plan is recommended. Along with a lower commission on sales (3%) and access to Startup features, you also get a branded mobile app (iOS and Android), integrated shipping and label printing, Facebook support (for Groups, Pages, and Messenger), scheduled Facebook and Instagram posts, and prioritized chat support.
This plan includes all the features included in Boutique plus custom development. You also have access to phone and chat support.
If you are interested in exploring CommentSold before subscribing to any of its plans, then sign up for the 30-day free trial.
CommentSold Alternatives 2020
Most ecommerce and multichannel businesses
Growing businesses selling exclusively online
Brick and mortar shops that want a free online store
Starts at $29 per month
Starts at $29.95 per month
Starts at $0
CommentSold provides a robust set of features that include automation and marketing. Its strongest feature is its ability to allow your customers to purchase directly on your social media channels, which gives you the potential to increase sales and revenue. I have highlighted some of its notable features so you can decide if it is the tool your business needs.
- Real-time comment selling on Facebook
- Schedule your posts in advance
- Instantly invoice shoppers
- Post to your Page, Group, or both
- Host Live Sales
- Go live on your Page and Group at once
- Add products while doing your live
- Let customers “Shop the Replay”
- Sell on Instagram
- Streamline with message templates
- Automatically link products to posts
- Inventory Management
- All-in-one dashboard to manage inventory, sales, and fulfillment
- Add unlimited team members
- Cross-channel reporting (sales and inventory data across each sales channel)
- Order Management
- Auto-suggestion for SKUs
- Generate bar codes on demand
- Identify which products and its variants are best sellers
- Get low stock alerts and waitlists
- Auto calculation of potential revenue
- Invoicing and payments
- Once a customer finds an item to buy in a post or video on Instagram or Facebook and comments “Sold,” their invoice is automatically created and sent via comment, Messenger, or email. Then your customer can just click on the link to check out.
- Payment processors: Stripe, PayPal, Square, and Sezzle.
- Marketing Automation
- Launch marketing campaigns that automatically deliver personalized messages and ads in the form of the following: emails, SMS text messages, mobile push notifications, website tools, and Facebook/Instagram ads.
- Reporting and Analytics
- Generate reports on customers, orders, best sellers, waitlists, top offenders, payments and payments by the hour, returns, and inventory.
Summary of CommentSold Reviews
The majority of CommentSold reviews I have read online are positive, with most of them highlighting its ease of use, comment tracking and waitlist features, and automatic invoices. Reviewers also love that CommentSold’s social channel integration is seamless. There aren’t that many negative reviews, too, just suggestions for improvements such as gamification.
Less work since it automates almost everything
A user who left a positive review on Capterra shared that the tool saved her from the manual work of going through all comments to see who left a comment first during a live broadcast. She added that it also helped prevent overselling on items and that she appreciates the waitlist feature that helps her manage her inventory better.
CommentSold Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does CommentSold integrate with other website providers?
No, it doesn’t. However, all of its plans come with a customizable website called the “CommentSold Webstore.”
Does CommentSold integrate with POS systems?
No, it doesn’t. However, according to its website, the company is currently working to add this feature. Let it be noted, however, that CommentSold integrates with Shopify—a third-party provider that integrates with some POS systems.
Is CommentSold available in other countries?
No, it isn’t. As of this writing (July 17, 2020), CommentSold does not offer services outside of the United States. However, it has expressed plans to expand its services in the future.
Our Top Ecommerce Software Picks
If you aren’t sure if CommentSold is right for you, then this article on the best ecommerce platforms is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of software and narrowed our recommendations down based on price, ease of use, user reviews, and features such as payment processing, inventory management, reporting and analytics, additional sales channels, and integrations.