Five9 is a cloud-based contact and call center software that helps agents deliver excellent customer experience through a single platform. It features interactive voice response (IVR), autodialers, workflow automation, reports, and more. Fees reportedly start at $150 per user, per month, and it’s best for small businesses looking for an autodialer that doesn’t require expensive equipment and sales, marketing, and telemarketing teams.
Five9 Pros & Cons
Integrates with popular customer relationship management software (CRMs) like Salesforce and Zendesk
Occasional software crashes and dialer bugs
Poor call quality sometimes
Flexible and customizable platform
Who Five9 Is Best For
- Sales, marketing, and telemarketing teams: Five9’s TCPA Manual Touch Mode is designed to comply with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), ensuring agents maintain regulatory compliance while managing their calling campaigns with confidence. Its platform also has features recommended for teams needing a contact center that focuses on inbound, outbound, or a combination of inbound and outbound sales operations.
- Small businesses wanting an autodialer that doesn’t require expensive equipment: Since Five9 is cloud-based, implementation is done without the need for additional equipment and complicated setups. It lessens the costs of expensive hardware upgrades and allows rapid trial and deployment of new services. You may also access real-time upgrades without disruptions.
Five9’s pricing is based on customized quotes, depending on the number of seats, features needed, and usage. A third-party site states that its fees start at $150 per user, per month. Five9 offers three contact center options—Outbound, Inbound, and Blended—where the only difference is access to specific features like dialers and IVR.
Quote available upon request
Quote available upon request
Quote available upon request
Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)
Speech Recognition IVR
Five9 is a contact center software that enables teams to manage workforce and customer engagement. Here are some of Five9’s most essential features.
- Autodialers: Five9 has autodialers that can eliminate time spent on waiting and dialing. Its dialers screen out unanswered calls, hang-ups, and leave voicemails—enabling agents to focus on interacting with customers and increase their productivity levels. The four types of automated dialer technologies available in Five9 are as follows: predictive dialer, power dialer, progressive dialer, and preview dialer.
- Inbound call center: Connect your customers to the best agents through Five9’s inbound call center software. It is equipped with robust capabilities, such as agent scripting, professional prompts for self-service, and a softphone. It also has various routing options like skills-based, priority, voicemail, and time of day.
- Omnichannel contact center: Create excellent customer experiences across multiple channels like email, voice, SMS, video, webchat, and social messaging apps. Its unified omnichannel agent interface lets you manage your customer engagement within these channels to cater to their needs quickly.
- Workforce optimization: Manage your staff and improve your agents’ capabilities with its workforce optimization functions. These features include speech analytics, call and screen recording, gamification, as well as quality, workforce, and performance management.
- Reporting and analytics: Five9 offers reporting and analytics tools that enable businesses to measure and monitor key metrics to improve performance and processes. It features real-time and historical reporting, a supervisor application, and a performance dashboard.
Five9 Alternatives 2020
Call Center Software
Teams seeking a platform with strong reporting and metric functionality
Call centers that want to customize their solution with add-on features
Call centers that want to take advantage of collaboration modules such as shared contacts
Smaller teams that want a free call center solution
Healthcare organizations that require a HIPAA-compliant phone system
Starts at $65/seat/month
Companies with an overseas business presence that need unlimited calling to 52 countries
Starts at $29.95/month for 1-4 users
Most Helpful Five9 Reviews
Most Five9 reviews posted online are positive. The majority of users like its intuitive platform and ease of installation. Some users also commended its implementation and support team for being helpful and professional in handling their concerns. However, some complained about experiencing system crashes and poor call quality.
Easy to use software with flexible reporting feature
One user who left a positive review of Five9 on Capterra like the software’s ease of use. She is also impressed with its current set of features—allowing her to move in-house agents to work from home—which was beneficial since the beginning of the pandemic. She added that its software also integrates well with their organization’s current customer relationship management (CRM) software.
Has network & software issues & poor voice quality
A user who complained about Five9 on Software Advice shared that she experienced persistent network issues and forced logouts that make her unable to log back in. She also noticed its poor voice quality.
Five9 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What do I need to set up and implement Five9?
Since Five9 is a cloud-based platform, you only need a computer with an internet connection and headset.
Does it require long-term contracts?
No, it doesn’t. Subscriptions are billed monthly or annually, depending on the user’s preference.
What types of customer support does it provide?
Its website claims that it offers 24x7x365 customer service through email, phone, and its customer portal.
If you aren’t sure if Five9 is right for you, this article on the best call center phone systems is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations based on pricing, usability, and features, such as interactive voice response, analytics, and reporting.