Freshteam, by Freshworks, is a human resources (HR) software designed to manage recruitment, applicant tracking, and onboarding processes. It also offers an employee information system and time-off management features. It has a free plan; while paid subscriptions start at $75 per month for 50 users. It is best for companies that want to centralize HR workflows in one system.
Freshteam Pros and Cons
Extensive applicant tracking features
Lacks payroll processing functionalities
Availability of a mobile app for iOS and Android
Has integrations for assessment portals, video interviews, and job boards
Who Freshteam Is Best For
- Companies that want to centralize HR operations in a single system: Freshteam facilitates end-to-end recruitment processes—from applicant tracking to job posting as well as employee onboarding and database management. After hiring, It also keeps track of time-off requests.
- On-the-go HR professionals: Freshteam has a mobile app that provides real-time company updates, along with features to manage hiring processes and employee records.
- Small businesses that have a limited budget for recruitment: Freshteam’s free plan already has the basic tools for hiring, including job posting, a career site, Kanban boards for applicant tracking, and email integration.
Freshteam’s pricing guide shows a free option and three paid plans ranging from $75 to $250 per month for 50 users. The main differences between the plans are the number of published job postings and resume parsing credits as well as access to advanced features, such as offer management, onboarding and offboarding checklists, and a dedicated account manager.
*Annual plans are paid in full at the start of the billing cycle.
It is a free plan with basic features to help companies get started with their recruitment processes. It offers a recruitment team inbox, team collaboration, basic career site, Kanban boards for applicant tracking, email integration, candidate application via email, employee referral, employee directory, and organization chart.
Basic time off management features and mobile apps for iOS and Android devices are also included. This option is capable of publishing up to three job postings but does not include any resume parsing credit.
This plan has all the features offered in the Sprout option. Other available features include a customizable career site, interview scorecards, hiring pipelines, vendor management, recruiting automation, job board integrations, employee documents management, and time off approval workflows.
It integrates with Google and Outlook Calendars to streamline interview scheduling processes. It also lets companies publish up to 10 job postings and has 10 resume parsing credits. Phone, email, and chat support is provided.
This plan offers advanced features to manage the entire hiring process. An unlimited number of job postings and 20 resume parsing units are included. Aside from having all the features of the Blossom plan, it also comes with advanced career site customizations, social recruiting, talent pool management, offer management, multilanguage support, job requisition management, new hire onboarding, onboarding and offboarding checklist pre-onboarding data collection, holiday calendars, Webhook requests, and sponsored job postings on Indeed.
Freshteam’s Estate plan has all the functionalities of its Garden plan, along with following features: 30 resume parsing credits, custom user roles, unlimited onboarding/offboarding checklists, access restrictions based on internet protocol (IP) address, custom URL and secure sockets layer (SSL) certificate, and a dedicated account manager.
Freshteam helps recruiters and HR professionals streamline hiring processes, onboarding tasks, and time-off management. Below are some of its most notable features.
Applicant Tracking System
Its applicant tracking system (ATS) comes with features to monitor an entire recruitment process—from job postings to making offers.
- Manage job postings: Users can configure their hiring processes by creating custom workflow stages for every job post. It also has more than 50 free job description templates available as well as customized application forms.
- Sourcing candidates: Job postings can be advertised to customized career websites, social channels—LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter—and job boards—Adzuna, LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter, and Glassdoor.
- Resume screening: It has a resume parsing functionality, which auto-populates an applicant’s profile based on the information found on his resume. It also has the Candidate 360 feature that stores a complete record of an applicant’s interaction history, including email correspondence, interview feedback, and resume.
- Candidate engagement: All email exchanges between the applicant and the recruiter are recorded in the ATS. You can create email templates and schedule email dispatch at your desired time.
- Assessment and offers: You can schedule an interview, invite panel members, gather structured feedback, and make offers to qualified applicants.
- Integrations: The ATS integrates with other recruitment tools to conduct assessment tests and video interviews. It also integrates with popular job boards to promote their job postings. It integrates with HackerRank, HackerEarth, Codility, and Classmaker for assessments. For video interviews, it integrates with Skype, Google Hangouts, and HackerRank CodePair. Its job board integrations are Nuevoo, Monster, Glassdoor, Naukri, Adzuna, Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and LinkedIn.
Freshworks has an onboarding software to manage the tasks needed before a new hire joins the company, such as submitting documents and signing multiple forms.
Human Resource Information System
An HR information system (HRIS) is a database that holds employee information. It helps you track your employees’ data, including payroll, performance, and leave management, among others.
Its automated time-off management system helps track employee time-off, manage time-off requests, approvals, and remaining leaves. Users can also customize their workweek, holiday calendar, and time-off policies.
Freshteam has a mobile app that allows users to stay connected with the company even if they are on the go. You can manage hiring processes and time-off and access employee records. The app is available for iOS and Android devices.
Most Helpful Freshteam Reviews
Most Freshworks reviews I found online are positive. Users appreciate that they can manage the whole recruitment process in one system, including application tracking, job posting, and interview scheduling. They also commended its affordability and intuitiveness despite offering robust functionalities.
However, some reported bugs on user verification while few are unsatisfied with its customer support. Some wished for more exporting functionalities and support for more languages.
Affordability, personalization options, and a variety of templates
“Really affordable, less paperwork to do, and I can personalize everything. I like that there are a lot of different templates to work with. Definitely a good HR management software.”
Wished for the availability of other languages
“It’s not that I dislike it, but I would appreciate other supported languages on the career site. The automatic emails, field names, and button labels are editable, which is outstanding. But we would like the entire career site to be in a different language.”
Freshteam Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What payment methods does Freshteam accept?
Freshteam accepts payments from major credit cards, such as Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. It also accepts PayPal payments.
Does Freshteam offer discounts?
Freshteam offers discounts to nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, and large teams. Those interested may contact Freshteam to inquire.
What types of resources does Freshteam provide?
Freshteam offers case studies, e-books, and webinars to help maximize the use of the software. It also has a knowledge base page and product video library on its website.
Our Top HR Software Provider Picks
If you are not sure if Freshteam is right for you, this article on the 7 Best HR Software for Small Business is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations down based on price, ease of use, and features like payroll, leave management, onboarding and employee self-service, and applicant tracking.