Freshteam, which is by Freshworks, is an HR software designed to manage recruitment, applicant tracking, and onboarding processes. Its other features include time-off management and an employee information system. Businesses with up to 50 users can utilize its “Sprout” plan for free, while its paid subscriptions have monthly fees that start at $75 per 50 users. It’s best for companies that want to centralize HR processes in one system.
Freshteam Pros and Cons
Lacks payroll processing functionalities
Extensive applicant tracking features
Free plan doesn’t include resume parsing and hiring reports
Who Freshteam Is Best For
- Companies that want to centralize HR processes in a single system: Freshteam facilitates end-to-end recruitment processes—from tracking applicants, to posting job ads, onboarding new hires, and managing employee information. It can also track paid time-off (PTO) requests, enabling you and your people managers to easily monitor employee leaves and approve PTO transactions online.
- On-the-go HR professionals: Freshteam has a mobile app that provides real-time company updates. It also includes tools to manage hiring processes and employee records.
- Small businesses with limited recruitment budgets: Freshteam’s free “Sprout” plan has all of the basic tools you’ll need to hire top talents, such as Kanban boards for applicant tracking, candidate applications via email, and a career site.
Freshteam’s pricing guide shows a free option and three paid plans with monthly fees that range from $75 to $250 per 50 users. The main differences between the plans are the allocation of published job posting and resume parsing credits and access to advanced features such as offer management, integration with job boards, and a dedicated account manager.
Published Job Posting Credits
Up to 3
Up to 10
Resume Parsing Credits
10 times your user count
20 times your user count
30 times your user count
Integration with Job Boards***
Dedicated Account Manager
*Sprout can handle up to 50 employees.
**Annual plans are paid in a lump sum.
***Some of Freshteam’s job board integrations include Adzuna, Glassdoor, Indeed, and LinkedIn.
This free plan is best for companies (50 employees or less) that are looking for a basic solution to jump-start their recruitment processes. Its features include candidate applications via email, Kanban boards for applicant tracking, employee referrals, a recruitment team inbox, a basic career site, and a customizable hiring process for each job posting.
Team collaboration and basic time-off management tools are also included in this tier. It even lets you monitor recruitment and other basic HR tasks while on the go given its mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
This plan is ideal for businesses that want to ramp-up recruitment activities. It has all of Sprout’s features and the following: interview scorecards, hiring pipelines, vendor management, recruiting automation, job board integrations, document management, time-off approval workflows, and a customizable career site. It also offers integration with Google and Outlook Calendars, allowing you to streamline interview scheduling processes.
This tier is best for companies looking for an HR platform to handle end-to-end hiring processes. Aside from having all the features included in Blossom, it comes with advanced career site customizations, social recruiting, talent pool management, offer management, job requisition management, new hire onboarding, holiday calendars, multi-language support, and an onboarding and offboarding checklist.
If you have large teams, then this plan is the ideal option for you. Its features include custom user roles, unlimited onboarding and offboarding checklists, access restrictions based on internet protocol (IP) address, a custom URL and secure sockets layer (SSL) certificate, and a dedicated account manager.
Freshteam helps recruiters and HR professionals streamline hiring processes, onboarding tasks, and time-off management. Let’s look at its key features to help you determine whether or not it’s the right tool for you.
This solution enables you to automate onboarding processes with its custom forms and workflows, document management functionalities, and electronic signature tool. It also lets you create and send online welcome kits, allowing you to capture your new hires’ basic details while providing them with the necessary information about their job role.
Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
Freshteam’s ATS helps you efficiently monitor the entire recruitment process—from posting job ads, to making employment offers to qualified candidates. Below are some of its functionalities.
- Job posting management: You can configure your hiring processes by creating custom workflow stages for every job post. It also has customized application forms and comes with more than 50 free job description templates.
- Candidate sourcing: Job postings can be advertised to your customized career websites as well as social platforms (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter) and job boards (like Adzuna, LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter, and Glassdoor).
- Resume screening: Freshteam’s ATS has a resume parsing functionality, a tool that auto-populates applicant profiles based on the information found on the candidates’ online resume. It also has a “Candidate 360” tool that captures all applicant-related information such as assessment scores, interaction history, interviewer feedback, and email correspondence between the candidate and recruiter.
- Candidate assessment and offer letters: It lets you schedule applicant interviews, invite panel members to join interview sessions, and collect structured feedback from hiring managers. Moreover, after a candidate has successfully passed the screening process, you can generate an offer letter and record the candidate’s decision.
- Integration options: You can connect Freshteam’s ATS to assessment tests (such as HackerRank, HackerEarth, Codility, and ClassMarker) and video interview tools (like Skype, Google Meet, and HackerRank’s CodePair).
Freshteam’s automated time-off management solution is designed to efficiently track and manage PTO balances, requests, and approvals. You can also utilize it to create custom time-off policies and holiday calendars.
Employee Information System
Apart from capturing your employees’ information, this tool allows you to create and manage organizational charts.
Most Helpful Freshteam Reviews
Many users who left positive Freshteam reviews online appreciate its reasonably priced plans and ease of use, adding that its application tracking, job posting, and interview scheduling tools are efficient. On the other hand, a few reviewers complained about having experienced occasional software bugs. Some also wished for more exporting functionalities and additional language support.
Affordable HR tool with personalization options and a variety of templates
“Really affordable, less paperwork to do, and I can personalize everything. I like that there are a lot of different templates to work with. Definitely a good HR management software.”
Career site lacks multi-lingual support
“It’s not that I dislike it, but I would appreciate other supported languages on the career site. The automatic emails, field names, and button labels are editable, which is outstanding. But we would like the entire career site to be in a different language.”
Freshteam Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What types of payment does it accept?
Freshteam accepts payments made through PayPal and major credit cards (such as Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express).
Can I upgrade or downgrade my plan at any time?
Yes, you can change your Freshteam subscription at any time.
What type of customer support does it offer?
Freshteam offers 24/7 email and 24/5 phone support. However, if you subscribe to its Estate plan, then you get access to a dedicated account manager.
Our Top HR Software Picks
If you aren’t sure if Freshteam is right for you, then this article on the best HR software for small businesses is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations down based on price, ease of use, and features like payroll, leave management, onboarding and employee self-service, and applicant tracking.