GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing (formerly GoDaddy Website Builder) is a website builder that comes with integrated marketing tools. It features search engine optimization (SEO), email and social media marketing, full-featured online store, online appointments, and more. It has a free plan, and pricing for its paid plans range from $10 to $25 per month. It is best for businesses that want to establish their online presence and ecommerce stores needing a website with marketing tools.
GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing Pros & Cons
Offers a forever-free plan
Limited customization options
All plans include Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
Has a variety of designer-made website templates
Who GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing Is Best For
- Businesses that want to establish their online presence: The builder has a built-in SEO feature that enables you to boost your search engine visibility and ranking. In addition, its search engine visibility tool analyzes your website, identifies keywords based on your specific business type, and recommends updates to help your website become more search engine-friendly.
- Ecommerce stores needing a website with marketing tools: GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing has a dedicated ecommerce plan that provides you with several tools for putting up an online store and selling your products through your website. Its social media integrations and SEO services may also help you in building your online presence.
GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing Pricing
GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing’s pricing ranges from $0 to $25 per month, billed yearly. All plans offer mobile-friendly websites, unlimited pages and content, 24/7 support, PayPal widget, templates and themes, InSight and guides, backup and restore, and more.
Social Media Integrations
Free Ad Credits for Google and Bing
SMS Alerts for Online Appointments
*Billed in a lump sum per year
For social media integration, you can choose from the following: Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, and Google My Business.
GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing now has a new free tier that allows customers to sign up for a permanent, no-cost website that never expires. It is designed to quickly take an idea online, and make sure that it is visible anywhere, from Facebook and Instagram to Google and Yelp, and even to customers’ inboxes.
The free-to-use website builder features the following: the ability to build and publish a website with unlimited pages and content, integrations with Google My Business, social media, email marketing, one-time online appointments booking, PayPal button, flexible shipping options, and the ability to add product listings.
The Basic plan adds five social media connections and 100 email marketing sends per month. It also enables you to connect your website with a custom domain.
This plan adds SEO tools to your package for you to optimize your site’s performance. It comes with 20 social posts and responses and 500 email marketing sends per month.
Unlimited social media listing platforms and posts begin in this subscription. Here, you can utilize GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing’s appointment tools, such as one-time group events, recurring bookings, and the ability to accept payments online. This plan can also accommodate up to 25,000 email marketing sends per month.
This plan offers ecommerce features, such as flexible shipping options, direct selling online, marketplace integrations (with Amazon, eBay, and Etsy), and inventory syncing across channels. It has all the features mentioned in the previous plans, plus a full-featured online store that accepts credit card payments, PayPal, Apple Pay, and more. You can even set it up to get texts when orders are placed and create automated abandoned cart recovery emails.
GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing Features
- Templates: With GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing, you can choose from hundreds of designer-made templates, or you can type an industry directly into the builder to receive a relevant, prepopulated template and customize it. Templates are categorized into fashion and beauty, home services, real estate, personal and blog, online stores, restaurants and food, photography, and more. Check out some of them below:
- SEO tools: Higher-tier plans come with built-in SEO tools to help your website show up in search engines like Google. The builder has an SEO wizard for a step-by-step guide that provides suggestions on how to optimize each page of your website by adding relevant keywords and descriptions.
- InSight: In the Insight’s central dashboard, you will find InSight Score, InSight Metrics, and InSight Action Plans. This feature is designed to improve your online presence by providing you with performance metrics and advice on how to improve them.
- Social media and marketing: All GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing plans come with social media integration, posting and response allocations, and email marketing features. These features enable users to link to their social media pages, connect their website to their Facebook store, and disseminate information to existing customers.
Most Helpful GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing Reviews
Most of the available GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing reviews from our site and around the web are positive. Users appreciate that they can build a robust website without the need to code. Its great customer support was also commended. However, some find the templates to be very low scale and not highly customizable.
Easy-to-use website builder
“GoDaddy’s Website Builder is a great tool for those who want a robust business or personal website without needing to code. The Website Builder tool interface is intuitive for beginners to use and achieve the look they want by customizing their selected template.”
— Rebecca Roman
Limited customization options
“Not all templates are available across the board. If you downgrade or even upgrade your payment plan, there’s no guarantee that your site will look the same since your existing template may not be available.”
— Rebecca Roman
GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I connect my free website to a custom domain?
No, you cannot. All websites created with the free plan will have a URL like “www.yoursitename.godaddysites.com.” If you want to connect a custom domain to your site, you will need to upgrade to a paid plan.
Does GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing include an SSL certificate?
Yes. In all plans, any data transmitted from your site will be encrypted using an SSL certificate. All data will be kept private to keep your visitors’ information safe. If you sell products or services in your online store, an SSL will protect bank and credit card details from being intercepted by hackers.
What types of customer support does it provide?
The company has a phone support available 24/7, and live chat support is open from Monday to Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Our Top Website Builders Picks
If you aren’t sure if GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing is right for you, this article on the best website builders is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations down based on ease of use, features, capabilities, affordability, and flexibility.
Disclaimer: The following information was provided by GoDaddy and does not necessarily reflect the views of FitSmallBusiness.com.
- Manage it all in one place – Create your website and online store, plus manage appointments, social media and email marketing, all in one spot.
- Be everywhere that matters – Make it easy for people to find you on Google, Facebook, Instagram – and in their inbox.
- Go further with the power of AI – Grow your online presence with GoDaddy InSight™, the data-crunching, smart tech that offers advice tailored to your business.
- Designer-Made Templates – Create confidently with beautifully-crafted templates to help you get started.
- Customizable Themes – Play with 20+ theme filters to instantly change layouts, fonts and colors.
- Update From Any Device – Don’t let anything slow you down with on-the-go editing from your phone or tablet.
- Responsive Design – No matter what device you’re using, your site will look great.
- Website Hosting – Ensure your site runs smoothly and pages load quickly with fast, reliable hosting.
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
– Aman Bhutani, CEO, GoDaddy