GoToMeeting is a video conferencing software that allows users to host, manage, and join virtual meetings from a conference room, desk, or remote location. It features voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP), screen sharing, collaboration tools, and cloud recording. Its monthly fees start at $14 per user, and it’s best for companies that already use GoTo products like GoToConference or GoToWebinar.
GoToMeeting Pros & Cons
Automatic meeting transcription
Outdated user interface
24/7 phone and web support
Occasional poor sound quality with large groups
More expensive compared to some of its alternatives
Who GoToMeeting Is Best For
- Companies that already use GoTo products like GoToConference or GoToWebinar: Businesses can easily add more capabilities that they need to work with GoToMeeting by checking out the entire GoTo suite. Apart from its seamless integrations, product packages are also available for various needs and come with up to 40% cost savings.
GoToMeeting pricing’s page shows three plans with monthly fees that start at $14 per user. The main differences between the plans are the number of participants per meeting and access to advanced features like unlimited cloud recording. It also offers a 14-day free trial, and it doesn’t require any payment information to get started.
Numbers of Participants per Meeting
Unlimited Cloud Recording
Customer Success Manager
Onboarding and Training
*Annual plans are paid in full at the beginning of the billing cycle.
- Toll-free numbers and Call Me: Offer participants the option to dial-in toll-free in over 50 countries and let them join a meeting as easily as answering an automated phone call. It is billed on a monthly pay-as-you-go basis for Professional plan subscribers and costs $5 per organizer, per month for Business plan users.
- GoToWebinar Lite: Host webcasts for up to 100 attendees for $20 per month.
- GoToRoom: GoToRoom is a video conferencing kit that includes the necessary hardware components and software for huddle spaces and conference rooms. Those interested may contact GoToMeeting’s sales team to obtain prices.
GoToMeeting allows businesses to conduct virtual meetings and audio conferences from their desktop or mobile devices. Here are some of GoToMeeting’s most essential features.
- Conference calling and video conferencing: GoToMeeting allows you to call through VoIP. It also supports high definition (HD) video conferencing, letting you collaborate and meet with your teams or customers from any location.
- Screen sharing: Share your device screen with your colleagues or clients in HD quality with its real-time bandwidth adjustment capability. GoToMeeting lets you control what to broadcast, allowing you to choose between full screen and individual app screen sharing.
- Multiplatform support: GoToMeeting works on desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. It is compatible with Android, iOS, Mac, and PC devices.
- Meeting recording and transcription: Record your meetings in the cloud for those who cannot attend or use it as a reference. Its platform also features a Smart Meeting Assistant that automatically transcribes your meetings.
- Drawing tools: Enhance real-time collaboration by directing attention to certain parts of your screen with GoToMeeting’s drawing tools. Meeting organizers also have a real-time view of what the attendees are seeing through its app’s Audience View window.
GoToMeeting Alternatives 2020
Video Conferencing Software
Anybody looking for a free to low-priced screen-sharing software for hosting virtual meetings
Starts at $14.99/host/month
Companies that want a full VoIP service plan as well as screen-sharing software
Starts at $19.99/user/month for two to 20 users (paid yearly)
Budget-conscious teams wanting to collaborate using screen-sharing technology without paying for service
Free + 3.9¢/minute for toll-free calling for meetings
Freelancers, solopreneurs, and small teams that want the ability to host video and audio conferences for a low price
Free; paid version costs $15/user/month
Organizations wanting free integration with Salesforce, G Suite, Slack, and other business applications
Starts at $10/user/month
Which Video Conferencing Software Is Right for You?
Most Helpful GoToMeeting Reviews
Most GoToMeeting reviews online are positive. A significant number of users are impressed with its ease of use and wide range of features, like collaboration, transcription, recording, and mobile app. Others emphasized that its platform helps them manage remote teams. Meanwhile, some suggested better and reduced pricing, while a few experienced occasional app glitches.
An easy-to-use platform; supports AirPods, unlike Zoom
“This is a great and easy platform to attend virtual meetings/live seminars. It is very user-friendly and did not have any glitches. I was able to connect AirPods to listen in, which Zoom does not even allow. You can mute yourself as well.”
— Kylie Black
Unclear time zone conversions; pricey
“Pricing might be something that they can consider reducing for startups and nonprofits. It really could work on making the time zone conversions a little clearer. At times, I have to pay close attention to what time zone it is set to.”
— Matthew Budram
GoToMeeting Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I change my plan at any time?
Yes, you can by simply signing in to your account, clicking “My Account,” and then selecting “Plan Selection” or “Change Plan.” Additionally, you may contact Global Customer Support to help you adjust your subscription plan.
Can I provide a phone number to my meeting attendees?
Yes, you can give your attendees an option to call-in through GoToMeeting’s built-in audio choices. Toll-free alternatives are also available, which work seamlessly with its built-in VoIP and toll-based audio options. Attendees may also request a call from the meeting to instantly join without required codes or PINs.
What types of devices do my attendees need to have to join my GoToMeeting sessions?
Attendees may quickly join your GoToMeeting sessions through iOS or Android devices, or Chromebook, Linux, PC, or Mac computers. Joining via its web app is also allowed.
If you aren’t sure if GoToMeeting is right for you, this article on the best video conferencing software is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at various solutions and narrowed our recommendations down based on price, ease of use, and features, such as call controls, screen sharing, and collaboration tools.
Disclaimer: The following information was provided by GoToMeeting and does not necessarily reflect the views of FitSmallBusiness.com.
What is GoToMeeting?
An industry leader in online video conferencing for companies around the world, GoToMeeting is trusted by millions of people every day for real time virtual communication and collaboration. GoToMeeting provides a fast, easy and reliable professional online meeting solution that enables customers to meet face to face, share presentations and chat with colleagues, all with the click of a button. Nothing can match the momentum of your team or business when it’s fueled by an award-winning collaboration solution, GoToMeeting pairs productivity with flexibility to let employees work effectively anytime, anywhere on any device.
GoToMeeting News & Activity
LogMeIn was recently names a leader in Gartner 2018 Meeting Solution Magic Quadrant. Learn more here.
GoToMeeting Customer Service
Customer Service – What services do you provide customers (support, etc.)?
We pride ourselves on welcoming every customer from the small business to the enterprise with customized onboarding plans, including:
- Live and on-demand training
- Access to our communities
- 24/7 phone and web support
- Live, customized 90-day onboarding
- A dedicated customer relationship manager for our larger accounts, and monthly and quarterly reviews
Customers can contact GoToMeeting at (877) 582-7011 as well as visiting our helpful Customer Support page here.
What makes GoToMeeting stand out from the competition?
GoToMeeting is your partner for fast, easy and reliable online meetings and collaboration. With over 15 years of experience in the dynamic collaboration market, GoToMeeting is an award-winning industry-leader – named to the 2018 Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant and named a leader in Aragon Research’s Web Conferencing Globe for 5 years straight.