Gruveo is a video conferencing software that allows users to conduct virtual meetings and group calls through computers and mobile devices. Its features include screen sharing, permanent links, and in-call text chat. Monthly fees start at $29, and it’s best for companies looking for an all-inclusive communications platform.
Gruveo Pros & Cons
Lacks dial-in functionality
Intuitive and easy to use
Does not have an embedded and white-labeled version
Responsive customer support
Who Gruveo Is Best For
Companies looking for an all-inclusive communications platform: Gruveo offers all of its features in its all-inclusive plan, unlike most providers in the market that require a premium plan to maximize its full potential. It lets users conduct video and audio conferences, share screens and presentations, invite participants to meetings with a link, customize branding, and more.
Gruveo’s pricing ranges from $29 to $290 per month, including one to 10 users and permanent links. Those whose needs exceed the base range may request a quote. Its fees are based on the number of account users and permanent links, and are exclusive of applicable taxes. Moreover, you may sign up for its free trial.
All users may access all of its features, including unlimited video and audio calling and room links, call queueing, screen sharing, custom call background, and more.
Gruveo allows businesses to conduct and manage video and audio conferences from anywhere with an internet connection. Here are some of Gruveo’s most essential features.
- Video and audio calls: Gruveo lets you make and manage video and voice calls for individuals and groups. You may also share your presentations through its screen-sharing feature.
- Permanent links: Allow your customers to reach you through your permanent link quickly. This feature enables them to join calls or meetings with you without installing any app or creating an account.
- Disposable call rooms: You may set up as many disposable call rooms as you need for one-time calls. Through these rooms, you are not revealing your permanent link to your customers.
- Call recording: Record your video meetings and audio calls for training and compliance, among others. Recordings are available seconds after each call, and you may save these to Google Drive, Dropbox, or your Gruveo account.
- Custom branding: Apply your company’s branding on your calls and meetings by adding your customized background and logo. Your callers can see your branding assets during your entire Gruveo call.
- Caller context: Determine if your marketing efforts are paying off by knowing your caller’s information. Gruveo displays the caller location, device, and referral website on your incoming call screen.
Gruveo Alternatives 2020
Video Conferencing Software
Anybody looking for a free to low-priced screen-sharing software for hosting virtual meetings
Starts at $14.99/host/month
Companies that already use GoTo products like GoToConference and GoToWebinar
Companies that want a full VoIP service plan as well as screen-sharing software
Starts at $19.99/user/month for two to 20 users (paid yearly)
Budget-conscious teams wanting to collaborate using screen-sharing technology without paying for service
Free + 3.9¢/minute for toll-free calling for meetings
Freelancers, solopreneurs, and small teams that want the ability to host video and audio conferences at a low price
Free, and paid version costs $15/user/month
Organizations wanting free integration with Salesforce, G Suite, Slack, and other business applications
Starts at $10/user/month
Which Video Conferencing Software Is Right for You?
Answer a few questions about your business and we'll give you personalized product match
Summary of Gruveo Reviews
As of the date this article was written (October 12, 2020), there are very few up-to-date Gruveo reviews available online. One user shared on G2 that it is an excellent platform to communicate with his colleagues and students. He added that he wished Gruveo would notify participants that the call starts with both the camera and microphone off.
Gruveo Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there a limit on the number of calls I can make per month?
No, there isn’t. Users can make an unlimited number of calls with infinite duration per month. However, they can’t participate in more than one call simultaneously.
What are Gruveo’s minimum network bandwidth requirements for video calls?
Gruveo requires 0.3 Mbps or faster for video calling; however, it recommends 2 Mbps for a more optimal experience.
Are Gruveo calls secure?
Yes, and all calls made through Gruveo are encrypted as per the WebRTC standard. Gruveo is also a General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)-compliant software.
If you aren’t sure if Gruveo is right for you, this article on the best video conferencing software is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at various solutions and narrowed our recommendations down based on price, ease of use, and features, such as call controls, screen sharing, and collaboration tools.