Guru is a knowledge management software that allows you to create and organize an expert-verified knowledge base system for your team. It helps sales teams increase their selling effectiveness as well as reduce customer support costs. Its pricing ranges from $0 to $28.80 per user, per month. It is best for sales leaders wanting to create an online knowledge base to supplement team performance.
Guru Pros & Cons
It is free for teams with 1-10 users
Its browser extension often crashes
Has a mobile app
It needs a bit of a learning curve
Great way to organize company knowledge
Who Guru Is Best For
- Sales team leaders wanting to consolidate training materials and resources into one knowledge base: Sales leaders and managers can use Guru to centralize the storage of documents for future access by sales reps. These documents include customer collateral, sales enablement materials, and performance standards.
Guru’s pricing ranges from $0 to $28.80/user/month. It also offers a customized enterprise solution. Its introductory plan is free for one to 10 users. Once your team reaches over 10 users, you will be charged $8.40/user/month (monthly billing) or $7/user/month (annual billing).
(Free for teams with 1-10 users)
Browser Extension, Verification, and Unified Search
AI Duplicate Detection, Suggest Tag, and Content Sharing
AI Suggest Text
AI Suggest Voice
- Browser extension: Guru’s browser extension allows your sales reps to quickly access your team’s knowledge base without leaving the tab you’re in. They may also narrow down their searches by a specific collection or tag.
- Editor: Guru’s editor makes it easy to import and format information or write it from scratch.
- Collections and boards: A company knowledge base system could have thousands of cards to help teams stay organized. With Guru, your knowledge is stored in bite-sized pieces called Cards. Collections are made up of Boards, and Boards consist of Cards.
- Expert verification: Guru ensures that your knowledge is always up to date and accurate because its artificial intelligence (AI) suggests experts who can answer your reps’ queries and detects duplicate cards.
Guru Alternatives 2020
Sales Management Tools
Sales managers needing a multipurpose tool for training and communicating with reps
Businesses looking to supplement Salesforce with mobile access to pipelines and reports
Teams wanting a web platform for managing and reporting on document and email engagements
Most Helpful Guru Reviews
The majority of the Guru reviews available on the web are positive. Many love how it keeps a lot of teams’ most valuable information well-organized. Others appreciate that it can be accessed in different ways, such as via browser plugin, website, and the app. Some shared that it helps their sales team convert more leads. However, negative reviews noted that it takes a little extra time for average users to learn how to get the most value from the tool.
Very useful feature set
One user who gave positive Guru feedback on Capterra said that the tool has a very useful feature set. He also likes that every knowledge card can be easily organized into boards and that the level of permission configuration is so high and reliable.
Slight learning curve
As of the date this article was written (June 23, 2020), there weren’t many negative Guru reviews found online. Some said that it takes a decent amount of training to get the hang of using the software. There were also mentions that its Chrome extension is not really responsive and quite slow.
Guru Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Guru integrate with third-party apps?
Yes, it does. Guru’s featured integration includes Slack, Zendesk, and Salesforce Sales Cloud. It also connects with Dropbox, Front, Degreed, Freshworks, Intercom, Lessonly, Okta, and SalesLoft, among others.
Can I conduct tests & quizzes in Guru?
Guru currently does not have a built-in feature for tests or quizzes, but it integrates with Learning Management Systems (LMS), which offers it.
Does Guru have a mobile app?
Yes, it has. Guru Mobile App is available for download via the App Store and the Google Play Store.
Our Top Sales Management Tools Picks
If you aren’t sure if Guru is right for you, this article on the best sales management tools is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed down our recommendations based on price, ease of use, customer support, and features like customization, mobile apps, reporting, and analytics.