Hondros College offers courses on real estate, insurance, appraisal, mortgage lending, home inspection, title insurance, and securities. It provides various course types, such as licensing, continuing education, and exam preparation. Fees for popular real estate courses start at $169 per course. It is best for aspiring real estate professionals who can only take classes during their spare time and those who want to connect with industry professionals like real estate brokers.
Hondros College Pros & Cons
Provides employment networking opportunities
Real estate courses are more expensive than other schools’ offerings
Offers courses as in-person classes, live streams, and on-demand modules
Limited course offerings outside Ohio
Who Hondros College Is Best For
Aspiring real estate professionals who can only take their classes during their spare time: Hondros College offers extensive scheduling options for in-person and live online classes. You can pick evening or weekend classes if you are busy during weekdays. As for on-demand courses, you can access them at any time.
Students who want to connect with real estate brokers: Hondros College’s real estate prelicensing courses offer employment networking opportunities where you can meet brokers who can hire you in the future.
Hondros College Pricing & Course Offerings
Hondros College’s pricing for its popular real estate courses starts at $169 per course. You may visit its website to view the complete list of its course offerings.
Popular Real Estate Courses
30-Hour Real Estate Investments Package
Commercial real estate transaction flow, fair housing, and basic construction
Ohio Real Estate Prelicensing Career Start Package
Ranges from $1,599 to $1,699
Real estate principles, practices, law, finance, and appraisal
Ohio Real Estate Broker Prelicensing Career Start Package
Business economics and law, financial management, and human resource (HR) management
Hondros College Real Estate Course Types
- Prelicensing: Covers topics like real estate principles, property basics, fair housing, contracts, valuation, and environmental issues. In some states, the school offers packages that include exam prep and post-licensing courses, employment networking opportunities, and access to free seminars.
- Broker licensing: Its topics include broker foundations, business law, business economics, financial management, and HR management.
- Exam preparation: Hondros College has two main types of real estate exam preparation courses. First is the crammer course, a one-day course that simulates the national and state real estate exams. The next is the CompuCram, which integrates vocabulary tools, practice tests, and simulations.
- Post-licensing: It covers recent changes in the real estate industry and practical applications of the lessons taught in the prelicensing course.
- Continuing education (CE): Course offerings include fair housing, agency concepts and disclosure, commercial real estate, property law and case studies, canons of ethics, and environmental regulations. The school also offers packages of multiple CE courses.
- Designations and certifications: These are courses that make you eligible for the Accredited Buyer Representative Designation, Military Relocation Professional (MRP) Certification, and Property Management Specialist Designation, among others.
Other Courses Offered
- Insurance: Hondros College offers insurance prelicensing and CE courses only in Ohio. Its exam prep courses, however, are offered in more than 40 states, including New York, California, and Nevada. Prelicensing courses cover topics such as life, health, property, and casualty insurance. CE courses include ethics, covering your assets, cyber liability, and identity fraud.
- Appraisal: The school offers appraisal prelicensing, exam preparation, and CE courses. The prelicensing course includes topics like site valuation, sales comparison, and fair housing. These various course packages make you eligible as a licensed residential appraiser, registered appraiser assistant, or licensed appraiser trainee.
- Mortgage lending: Through its sister school Learn Mortgage, Hondros College offers Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) prelicensing, exam prep, and CE courses. Prelicensing packages include courses required by the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act) and approved by the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NLMS).
- Home inspection: Hondros College offers course packages that prepare you for the National Home Inspector Examination (NHIE). These packages include NHIE textbooks, additional instructor-led interactive learning, and exam preparation tools.
- Title insurance: The platform offers exam preparation and CE courses for Ohio Title Insurance Examination. CE topics include preferred business practices, ethics, and errors and omissions coverage.
- Securities: Hondros College’s securities course packages prepare you for the exams administered by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Hondros College Alternatives 2020
Online Real Estate Schools
Future agents needing instructor-led online real estate courses
Experienced real estate professionals seeking subject-specific refresher courses
Realtors wanting designations in areas like green home sales
Brokers seeking group prelicensure for their staff’s realty exams
Agents wanting continued education credits for niche specializations like veteran services
Summary of Hondros College Reviews
As of the date this article was written (September 10, 2020), there are no Hondros College reviews available online.
Hondros College Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does it take for my courses to expire?
Hondros College courses expire six months after you have purchased them.
Do I need a broker to take a course?
No. You do not need a broker to enroll in a course at Hondros College. However, to take the licensing exam in Ohio, you must have a sponsor on record. This sponsor is the broker that will hold your license after you have passed.
Are Hondros College classes affected by the COVID-19 pandemic?
Yes. Hondros College has temporarily suspended its in-person classes and on-site services due to the COVID-19 pandemic. While the suspension is in effect, open house events are done virtually.
Hondros College offers extensive real estate courses. It provides comprehensive exam preparation tools that mix vocabulary and exam simulations. On top of that, some prelicensing packages can connect you with industry professionals. However, these benefits come at a higher price than what other similar schools offer.
If you are not sure if Hondros College is right for you, this article on the top online real estate schools is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed down our recommendations based on price, availability, coursework, study aids, and success rates.