HostPapa is a web hosting service provider that offers WordPress hosting for small businesses. It stands out for delivering enhanced speed and performance through its WordPress-optimized servers, as well as having reliable WordPress expert support. It costs $3.95 to $17.95 per month. It is best for non-WordPress savvy businesses that prefer using WordPress sites.
HostPapa Pros & Cons
All plans offer unmetered bandwidth
Does not offer a month-to-month hosting plan
Affordable hosting with top-notch customer support
Who HostPapa Is Best For
- Non-tech savvy WordPress site users: HostPapa has 24/7 multilingual, live hosting support specific to WordPress (WP), which benefits beginners and non-tech savvy website owners. This service can help you solve any hosting issues more quickly, as its expertise is tailored to WordPress sites.
HostPapa’s pricing for its WordPress hosting solutions ranges from $3.95 to $12.95 per month on three-year contracts. All plans include unmetered bandwidth, zero-click WordPress installation, WordPress caching, free Cloudflare CDN (content delivery network), Jetpack’s marketing features, WordPress-optimized servers, automatic WordPress updates, and 99.9% uptime guarantee.
HostPapa Tiered Pricing & Features
WP Business Pro
Basic websites, such as educational or blogs sites
Growing sites that do not require the regular exchange of customer information
Businesses that need enhanced performance, security, and speed
36-Month Billing Term
24-Months Billing Term
12-Month Billing Term
(Available as an Add-on)
(Available as an Add-on)
Domain Name Registration
Jetpack for WP
Plans are paid in full at the beginning of each billing cycle.
HostPapa’s WordPress Features
- Essential: Auto-installed WordPress, WordPress super cashing, free domain registration, free Let’s Encrypt SSL, free WordPress transfer, free SSL and HTTP/2, cPanel control panel, free Cloudflare CDN, enhanced SSD drives, 24/7 WordPress support, 99.9% uptime, and 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Advanced: All Essential WordPress features, unlimited WordPress websites, unlimited add-on domains, unlimited email accounts, and double the CPU and MYSQL resources.
- Premium: All Essential and Advanced WordPress features, fast servers, 300% performance boost, four times more CPU and MYSQL resources, fewer accounts per server, search engine optimized-plugin, Premium Wildcard SSL, and domain privacy.
- Protection power website security ($19.95 per year): HostPapa provides built-in WordPress security, proactive website monitoring, real-time alerts of potential vulnerabilities, advanced CDN, and more, protecting your website from infections, hacks, and Google security notices. WP Business Pro subscribers get this feature for free.
- Automated website backup ($19.95 per year): This add-on will give you automated website backup for all your web files, databases, and emails with a one-click restore. This feature is included in the WP Business Pro plan at no extra cost.
- Single SSL certificate ($14.95 per year): This add-on gives you an “https” and a padlock icon in the browser’s address bar, showing your visitors that your website is safe and secure.
HostPapa Alternatives 2020
Web Hosting Providers
For businesses looking for turnkey web hosting plans that come with everything you need for as little as $2.95/month
Businesses that want the flexibility of a no-contract, month-to-month hosting plan
Marketers needing fast load times for sites that experience traffic surges
Businesses whose priority is super-fast website load times
Companies looking for fast global website speeds
Startups needing to launch a site quickly
Most Helpful HostPapa Reviews
Most of HostPapa reviews are positive. Many users talk about its excellent customer support. There were very few complaints mentioning billing and email issues, but HostPapa has consistently responded to feedback, explaining the cause of the problem and offered suggestions on how to resolve the situation.
Great host & helpful customer support team
One user who gave a positive HostPapa review said that they have always received excellent customer service and quick responses whenever they needed support to resolve any issue, day or night.
Has billing & chargeback issues
One user who left a negative HostPapa review online complained that he was charged twice on his bank account when he tried to purchase a WP Business Pro account. Then, he received an email from HostPapa saying that his account is not active as there was a payment issue.
However, HostPapa responded explaining that it could not process the payment since the two attempts were declined by his bank because the billing and client address didn’t match. HostPapa also assured that the money taken out from his bank account would be credited back in three to five banking days.
HostPapa Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Will HostPapa help me migrate my website from my current host?
Yes, it will. HostPapa will migrate your website content from your existing web host to its servers—free of charge. You just need to open a support ticket with information about your current web hosting situation. Its technical support team will handle the situation from there.
What other solutions does HostPapa offer?
Apart from WordPress hosting, HostPapa also offers other hosting solutions, such as web hosting, ecommerce hosting, VPS hosting, and reseller hosting. It also has website builder solutions that you can purchase separately or get for free if you are subscribed to some of its hosting plans.
What can Jetpack security features do for my website?
Jetpack features give you the ultimate security toolkit for your WordPress site. It prevents unwanted intrusions with effective attack protection, malware scanning, and spam filtering.
Our Top Cheap WordPress Hosting Picks
If you aren’t sure if HostPapa is right for you, this article on the best cheap WordPress hosting is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations down based on price, usability, reliability, storage, and extras, such as free domain names and email addresses.