InfoMart offers background check services to help you efficiently manage candidate screening processes. Its suite of solutions includes criminal database searches, drug testing, education and employment verifications, and credit and driving records checks. InfoMart is optimal for businesses that want a full range of customizable background screening services. Its setup fee is $49.95 and prices start at $28.95 per package.
InfoMart Pros and Cons
Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)-compliant searches
Occasional delays in releasing background check results
Global screening services cover more than 200 countries and territories
Who InfoMart Is Best For
- Businesses that want a full range of customizable background screening services: InfoMart has pre-packaged screening plans that you can customize, enabling you to add specific background checks depending on the requirements of a job role. The provider also has a wide range of global and local screening services, from identity verifications and drug testings to criminal records searches and credit checks.
InfoMart’s pricing scheme is based on the number of employees you have. For businesses with less than 500 staff, the provider offers three screening packages that cost anywhere from $28.95 to $78.95 per package plus a $49.95 setup fee. If you have more than 500 employees, then you’ll have to request a quote.
Pricing for Companies With Less Than 500 Employees
Per Package Fees
National Social Security Search
Multi-State Criminal History Search
Multi-State Sex Offender Records Search
County Criminal History Check
Verified Watch List Search
You can also customize InfoMart’s screening packages by purchasing additional background check services. For reference, I’ve listed some of the add-ons below:
- Drug screening with a five-panel lab test: $57.95
- Driving/motor vehicle history: $15.95
- Professional license verification: Starts at $14.45
- Personal references check: $14.45 per reference
- Education verification: Starts at 14.45
- Employment verification: Starts at $14.45
- Statewide criminal history search: $14.45 per state plus court fees
- National federal criminal history search: $16.45
- Civil court search: Starts at $21.45
- Verified watch list check: $4.95
InfoMart Alternatives 2020
Background Check Companies
(Best overall) Any business, thanks to the full range of affordable background checks offered
Healthcare and nonprofit firms that need to ensure the safety of their clients
Employers in states like California, Massachusetts, and New York with tough labor laws
HR professionals wanting data to interface with top HR and payroll software like ADP and Paychex
Professional companies that don’t require drug testing; top-rated affordable alternative to GoodHire
Finance and bookkeeping services wanting financial and credit history of their hires
InfoMart’s screening solutions and services are designed to assist you in managing background check tasks. Let’s look at some of its essential features to help you determine if it fits your business’ requirements.
Background Check Services
You are granted access to screening services and background check reports that are FCRA-compliant. Here are some of its services:
- Criminal background check: Aside from county, federal, and state records, the provider looks at national criminal databases (including sex offender reports) for cases that involve your candidates.
- Education verification: This search includes verification of the candidates’ secondary, post-secondary, and graduate-level education histories.
- Employment history verification: InfoMart offers basic and expanded employment verification services for validating the candidates’ hire dates, job roles, and rehire eligibility. What sets the expanded service apart from the basic employment verification is the inclusion of customized interviews to help you gain insight into your applicants’ character and work ethic.
- Motor vehicle record search: This search includes information from state records that reveal the candidates’ license status, offenses, and driving history points. You can also request InfoMart to run a commercial driver’s license information system (CDLIS) search to give you more details about your applicants’ commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Professional license verification: The provider will verify the validity of your candidates’ professional licenses from applicable licensing boards.
- Occupational health and drug screening: InfoMart has a full suite of occupational health services that include drug screening, alcohol testing, physical health exams, and vaccination tracking. Moreover, its drug screening services cover lab-based urine and hair testing, as well as five-, seven-, nine-, and 10-panel drug tests.
- Social media search: This search provides you with information about your candidates’ social media persona including potentially violent, racist, and illegal behaviors online.
- Verified watch list check: This FCRA-compliant search includes looking through 50+ US and global databases for potential name-matches among high-profile offenders. In case there is a match, InfoMart’s screening analysts will confirm whether or not the results belong to your candidates.
Global Screening Services
InfoMart has an expansive global reach with screening services in more than 200 countries and territories. For international criminal history checks and identity verifications, the provider will partner with local-language and in-country searchers to validate candidate information.
‘WebASAP’ Screening Portal
“WebASAP” is InfoMart’s web-based screening tool where you can submit and track background check requests. You can also use it to view screening results, sort applicant profiles, and save notes on each profile.
Flexible Process Flows
InfoMart’s screening platform has flexible and rules-based workflows that you can customize to fit your background check requirements. It also has compliance protocols built-in, enabling you to meet federal and state regulations.
Your candidates can use “ASAPConnect” to submit their personal information using an online form. The said tool also links directly with “WebASAP,” which allows InfoMart to start background screening tasks as soon as the candidates’ forms have been submitted.
To help streamline your background check and hiring processes, the provider partnered with several leading HR software and applicant tracking systems (ATS). Here are some of its integration options:
- ADP VirtualEdge
- IBM Kenexa
- Ultimate Software
- ADP VirtualEdge
- IBM Kenexa
- Ultimate Software
Summary of InfoMart Reviews
As of the date this article was written (Aug.18, 2020), there are no up-to-date InfoMart reviews available online. Those that I found are old reviews, wherein users noted that it has a user-friendly platform. Some others said that while they experienced delays in receiving screening results, the provider was proactive in providing the reason for the delays.
InfoMart Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is InfoMart’s turnaround time for background checks?
According to its website, InfoMart’s average turnaround time is one to two days.
Does InfoMart offer vendor background screening services?
Yes, InfoMart has vendor screening services that enable you to check your contracted staff and suppliers’ criminal histories, credit reports, drug testing results, and education and employment details.
Can InfoMart help me conduct random drug testings?
Yes, InfoMart can help you conduct random drug screening. You just need to select your preferred drug testing frequency and percentage, submit an employee list, and then InfoMart will handle the implementation.
Our Top Background Check Company Picks
If you aren’t sure if InfoMart is right for you, then this article on the best background check companies is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations down based on price, user feedback, customer support, and features such as employment screening, compliance tools, and software integrations.