join.me is an audio and video conferencing software that allows users to conduct or attend meetings from anywhere with an internet connection. It features one-click scheduling, screen sharing, presenter swap, and whiteboarding. Its monthly fees range from $10 to $30 per user, and it’s best for remote teams looking for a simple and easy-to-set-up meeting and collaboration platform.
join.me Pros & Cons
User-friendly and easy to install
No free version, unlike its alternatives
Integrates with widely used CRM, sales, productivity, and scheduling tools
Whiteboarding feature is only accessible through an iPhone or iPad
Optional toll-free numbers
No audio transcription
Who join.me Is Best For
- Remote teams looking for a simple and easy-to-set-up meeting and collaboration platform: join.me provides an intuitive set of capabilities that lets you share ideas, collaborate on projects, and close deals with your team, regardless of your location. It also allows your desired participants to virtually attend to your sales demos, external presentations, and meetings without downloading a plugin or software.
join.me pricing’s page shows three plans with monthly fees that start at $10 per user when billed annually. The main differences between the plans are the numbers of webcam streams and participants per meeting, the amount of cloud storage, and access to advanced features such as scheduling and bulk user import.
Amounts of Cloud Storage
*Prices are based on an annual subscription, where fees are paid in full at the beginning of the billing cycle.
Toll-free conference calls with OpenVoice Integrated have per-minute rates that start at 8 cents. Those interested may visit its website for a complete list of prices.
join.me allows businesses to conduct virtual meetings and audio conferences from their desktop or mobile devices. Here are some of join.me’s most essential features.
- Audio and video conferencing: join.me’s audio and video conferences allow audio conference participants to join through phone or voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP). It also features video bubbles of the meeting participants.
- One-click scheduling: Set up meetings with Outlook, Google Calendar, or its Scheduler function. You may send invites, view all meetings scheduled, and start sessions with a single click.
- Personal link: Set up a customized meeting link to make it easier for your participants to join conversations. join.me also lets you set a personalized background that will help you reflect the proper image to your virtual meeting attendees.
- Whiteboarding: Capture all of your ideas and share it with your remote team with join.me’s mobile whiteboard for iPad and iPhone. It provides an infinite canvas for your presentations that anyone on a computer or mobile device can see.
- Screen sharing: A user with a presenter role has full control of the meeting and the shared screen. join.me allows presenters to hand over their role to any of the meeting participants.
join.me Alternatives 2020
Anybody looking for a free to low-priced screen-sharing software for hosting virtual meetings
Starts at $14.99/host/ month
Companies that want a full VoIP service plan as well as screen-sharing software
Starts at $19.99/user/month for two to 20 users (paid yearly)
Teams that need a virtual space to collaborate on documents and project plans
Free; paid versions start at $5/user/month
Budget-conscious teams wanting to collaborate using screen-sharing technology without paying for service
Free + 3.9¢/minute for toll-free calling for meetings
Freelancers, solopreneurs, and small teams that want the ability to host video and audio conferences for a low price
Free; paid version costs $15/user/month
Businesses looking for a cheap alternative while still getting great stock features
Free; paid versions start at $9.99/month
Which Video Conferencing Software Is Right for You?
Most Helpful join.me Reviews
The majority of join.me reviews online are positive. Most users shared that they are impressed with its easy-to-use software, which is simple and quick to install. Others also appreciate its collaboration tools and capabilities. Meanwhile, some reported experiencing issues, such as software lags and poor audio and video quality.
Has excellent tools to manage meetings
“join.me is an excellent alternative to connect in a very fast and easy way for online meetings. It has excellent tools, like its virtual whiteboard and online chat, that are very good to manage a meeting with professionalism. The high functionality and simplicity of its system are factors that distinguish this service. I have used join.me since two years ago, and it has really been very efficient for my needs to establish online meetings with my work colleagues. In conclusion, this platform is of high comfort.”
— Zhu Ting
Occasional slow platform performance & decreased audio & video quality
“The only inconvenience I have experienced working with join.me is that there are times when there are a lot of participants in the meetings, the operation of the software is usually a little slow, and the quality of the audio and video decreases. Although it is not a big problem, I think it would be great if some improvements were made to avoid these types of imperfections in the operation of join.me.”
— Jesse Brewer
join.me Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does join.me offer a free demo?
Yes, it does. Its free demo includes screen sharing, whiteboarding, hosting meetings, and more. You may also ask its sales specialist questions about account management, pricing, and purchasing during your session.
Is join.me secure?
Yes, it is. join.me protects your data with 256-bit transport layer security (TLS) encryption. Additionally, those subscribed to a Pro subscription have access to random meeting codes and locks for a secure connection.
What is join.me’s bandwidth requirements?
join.me recommends viewers and presenters have at least 1 Mbps of bandwidth for an optimal experience with shared control, full-screen animation, and screen resolution.
If you aren’t sure if join.me is right for you, this article on the best join.me alternatives is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations down based on price, ease of use, call quality, customer support, and features, like call controls and collaboration tools.