MailerLite is a website builder that offers a variety of marketing campaign tools. Its features include promotion pop-ups, landing pages, and newsletter templates. It has a free plan, and pricing for its paid plans range from $10 to $50 per month. It is best for ecommerce businesses that need a website with email marketing tools and bloggers who want to grow their number of subscribers.
MailerLite Pros & Cons
Intuitive and feature-rich platform
Its email marketing mobile app only supports Apple devices
Offers a forever-free plan, plus a 14-day trial to MailerLite’s premium features
Occasionally has server issues that cause spam traps
Who MailerLite Is Best For
- Bloggers needing to create a website and grow their number of subscribers: With MailerLite, you can easily design your website and start a blog with its drag-and-drop functionality, template library, and live website chat. It also features pop-up subscribe forms, embedded sign-up forms, landing pages, and subscriber management.
- Businesses wanting to create email marketing campaigns for their online store: MailerLite offers a suite of ecommerce tools, including Shopify and WooCommerce integration, drag-and-drop newsletter editor and templates, product importing, and email campaign sales tracking. These features will help you build engaging relationships with your customers and boost your ecommerce sales.
MailerLite’s pricing tiers include five plans that are based on the number of subscribers. Prices range from $0 to $50 per month for one to 10,000 subscribers. All paid plans come with unlimited email sending and access to all of its features, such as a variety of support services and email campaign tools.
Number of Subscribers
Emails per Month
1 to 1,000
1 to 1,000
1,001 to 2,500
2,501 to 5,000
5,001 to 10,000
MailerLite’s free plan has limited monthly email sending capability and does not include 24/7 live chat support, newsletter templates, auto-resend, white label, custom domain, promotion pop-ups, heatmaps, and more. However, in your first 14 days of signing up for the free plan, you get to try MailerLite’s premium features.
- SitesPro ($10 per month): This feature allows you to publish as many websites and landing pages as you need.
- MailerPro ($100 per month): This add-on gives you a dedicated manager to help you import subscribers, create email templates and web forms, and analyze your metrics.
- Dedicated IP ($50 per month): This option allows you to take control of your sending reputation and delivery into the recipients’ inbox. It can help you improve your deliverability and is recommended if you are sending at least 50,000 emails weekly.
MailerLite Alternatives 2020
Boutiques, restaurants, and other businesses that prefer an elegant look and an easy-to-use interface
Users who need an intuitive website builder that also provides web hosting services
Retail shops with an online store that require an end-to-end ecommerce solution
Companies that need extensive site design options but lack engineering know-how
Those who use data-driven recommendations and accessible reporting metrics to optimize their website's effectiveness
Tech-savvy people who want to create websites with password-protected content
- Newsletter editor and templates: MailerLite enables you to easily create newsletters with its drag-and-drop, prebuilt design blocks. It supports a variety of designs, videos, social media, and dynamic content. You can also modify settings like colors and fonts.
- Website builder: Quickly build a website with MailerLite’s over 20 ready-to-use content blocks, including data tables, sign-up forms, surveys, quizzes, and newsletter archives. You can also design different types of internal web pages—in addition to your homepage—and link external web pages and landing pages.
- Promotion pop-ups: This feature enables you to create pop-ups to deliver essential messages on your website or redirect your visitors to specific pages.
- Heatmap analytics: Track how your website visitors interact with your pages and determine which specific content or page layout works best.
- Subscriber management: MailerLite has an email list and subscriber management interface that allows you to add, filter, and organize your subscribers. You can also sort your segments, interest groups (tags), and subscriber details, all in one place.
Most Helpful MailerLite Reviews
The majority of the MailerLite reviews available on our website and around the web are positive. Users love that it has a free plan and that its paid plans are very affordable. Many also said that it has an intuitive interface for designing email campaigns and landing pages. However, there was a bit of dismay regarding its servers, where emails often ended up in spam boxes.
It makes managing email newsletter campaigns very simple & easy
“The interface is very easy to use. It is perfect if you have a small business or are starting a business (I am a day designer and freelance author at night) and do not have much time to invest in managing email newsletter campaigns. MailerLite has made great optimization. I feel much more confident that I am sending my newsletters to the right people because of how I segment the audience through tagging instead of keeping separate lists. Oh yes, the price is also much better.”
— Marlin Mosquera
MailerLite’s servers are getting blacklisted from time to time
As of the date this article was written (June 26, 2020), there are very few up-to-date negative MailerLite reviews online. Some reported that their emails were going into their customer’s spam boxes, which is very frustrating.
MailerLite Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I schedule my emails in advance?
Yes. MailerLite can schedule emails before launching a campaign. Users can select the “Send Later” option and set a specific date, time, and time zone for the delay or schedule of emails.
What other systems does it integrate to?
Along with its integration with ecommerce platforms, such as Shopify and WooCommerce, MailerLite connects to over 90 systems to add services on your website. These systems include PayPal, Facebook, Squarespace, Thrive, PopUp Domination, Upscribe, CreateForm, Zoho CRM, and more.
Will my website look good on mobile screens?
Yes. MailerLite’s responsive technology automatically resizes your web pages to fit on devices like mobiles, tablets, and desktops.
Our Top Website Builders Picks
If you aren’t sure if MailerLite is right for you, this article on the best website builders is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations based on ease of use, features, capabilities, affordability, and flexibility.