NeonCRM is a customer relationship management (CRM) software that enables nonprofit organizations to manage fundraising, membership, events, and websites. It features online web forms, volunteer management, grant management, and reporting. It costs $49 to $299 per month. It is best for nonprofits looking to streamline their fundraising efforts and those that want to increase their membership.
NeonCRM Pros & Cons
Plans can accommodate large numbers of records
While it offers extensive support and training, these services can get expensive
Extensive nonprofit-specific features
Lacks email integration
Includes social network integration
Complex pricing structure
Who NeonCRM Is Best For
Nonprofits looking to streamline their fundraising efforts: NeonCRM provides tools that help you track donors, solicitations, and pledges. You can also issue IRS-approved tax receipts, set up recurring donations, and automate the sending of thank-you letters.
Nonprofit organizations that want to increase their membership: NeonCRM provides a member management system that enables you to create and manage membership forms, segment prospects for targeted communications, and generate reports. You can also improve member experience by creating exclusive content on your website.
NeonCRM’s pricing ranges from $49 to $299 per month. Its four plans vary in terms of access to advanced features, such as constituent login portal, custom survey builder, and wealth screening.
New nonprofits with less than 500 records.
Organizations with 1,000 to 15,000 records
Growing nonprofits looking to streamline fundraising and member management
Prominent organizations with advanced workflows
Starts at $49
Starts at $99
Starts at $149
Starts at $299
Constituent Login Portal
For payments made through NeonPay, NeonCRM’s payment processing tool, the platform charges a fee of 2.9% plus 30 cents per transaction. If the payment is made using an American Express credit card, it charges an additional 1%.
NeonCRM provides live chat and phone support services for $50 per month. If you need on-demand software training, you can sign up for bi-monthly training sessions.
NeonCRM also offers the following services: Nonprofit Website Packages (ranges from $125 to $350 per month for two years), Data Services (starts at $600), and Training and Consultation (ranges from $600 to $1,500). The extended training and consultation sessions are more personalized compared to the on-demand training.
Essentials Light Plan
The Essentials Light plan includes standard features like email marketing, fundraising module, reporting, and volunteer management.
This plan includes the Essential Light features, plus events, automated receipting, and constituent login portal.
The Impact plan has the lower plans’ features, as well as fundraising and membership management, peer-to-peer fundraising, online store, five workflows, custom survey builder, document storage hub, and QuickBooks integration.
The Empower plan has all the other plans’ features, plus wealth screening, 10 additional workflows, 30-day import review, web template, and radius searching. This plan also includes customer support and on-demand training services.
CRM for Nonprofits
Nonprofits needing tools to build and maintain an ecommerce online store
Organizations that want a CRM with a built-in phone dialer for low-cost donor outreach
Nonprofits that need features like donor lifecycle tracking to nurture donor relationships
Organizations that want a forever-free CRM with tools to manage nonprofit activities like bulk email sends
Nonprofits needing a reliable way to accept online, mobile, and in-person donations
- Accounts and relationship tracking: It is built to track different kinds of nonprofit-specific relationships, such as members, volunteers, and donors.
- Online web forms: You can create an unlimited number of forms with custom branding, content, and fields. All of the information collected by these forms are directly sent to your NeonCRM database.
- Volunteer management: It enables you to track volunteers’ time, assignments, sign up, and forms.
- Email marketing and segmentation: Includes tools like automated emails and drip campaigns. You can segment recipients to different categories, such as people involved in a campaign, event, or constituents.
- Constituent login portal: You can create exclusive pages where your constituents can log in, view and update their membership, and communicate with other members.
- Reports and analytics: Generate reports through different widgets, including key performance indicators (KPIs), prospect forecasts, data grids, and charts. You can extract reports on your transactions, constituents, events, and communications.
- Automated receipting: Automatically issues IRS-approved receipts via email when someone donates.
- Grant management: This feature enables you to create grant opportunities and track funding. You can manage each grant’s status, client, due date, ask amount, campaign, purpose, funded date, and funded amount.
- Online store: You can build an online store that also enables you to manage transactions, inventory, and shipping.
Most Helpful NeonCRM Reviews
After reading NeonCRM reviews online, I found that most of its users are happy with it. Many said that it has extensive functionalities, such as event management, donation tracking, and volunteer time tracking. Some added that it is user-friendly, especially for creating forms and reports. However, others wished for additional integration with more accounting software and website calendar widgets.
NeonCRM streamlines data management
One user who gave NeonCRM a positive review on Capterra said that he can easily access his records and reports using the search tool. He also mentioned that its ability to merge duplicate records helps him organize his data efficiently.
It does not integrate data seamlessly
Another user who gave NeonCRM a negative review on Capterra complained that he had a hard time integrating events with his website calendar widget. He also reported that the customer support team was not responsive.
NeonCRM Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which third-party software does NeonCRM integrate with?
NeonCRM integrates with third-party marketing, ticketing, online advocacy, and accounting software. These software include Mailchimp, Constant Contact, and QuickBooks. The platform belongs to the Neon One umbrella, which also has other nonprofit software like Rallybound, CoviCore, and Arts People.
Does NeonCRM have a mobile app?
Yes. NeonCRM has a mobile app, but it is limited to the fundraising functionalities.
Can NeonCRM accept donations in other currencies?
Yes. NeonCRM can receive donations in currencies other than U.S. dollars (USD). The variety of currencies you can accept depends on the third-party payment processing platforms you link with your NeonCRM account.
NeonCRM provides CRM features that are designed for nonprofits. Many users said that the software had streamlined their organizations’ fundraising and volunteer tracking processes. However, one of the downsides to it is that its customer support is not free.
If you aren’t sure if NeonCRM is right for you, this article on the best CRMs for nonprofits is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed down our recommendations based on ease of use, affordability, and access to nonprofit-specific features.