Odoo Pros and Cons
Available only via desktop
Stock replenishment automation
No available third-party integrations
Double-entry inventory system
Paid Odoo integrations
Who Odoo Is Best For
- Warehouse management and dropshipping businesses: Odoo’s automatic stock replenishment and inventory forecasting are advantages for dropshipping businesses with high-volume orders. Tracing stock is also easier for suppliers given its double-entry inventory system.
Odoo’s inventory app is free to use as a standalone product. However, there is a fee to integrate it with other Odoo products, and it starts at $36 per month. When you sign up, you get unlimited users, locations, products, and transactions. If you’re interested in the solution, then you may schedule a demo on its website.
Odoo Alternatives 2020
Inventory Management Software
Small businesses that have limited inventory items and need a full-featured program
Volume sellers and manufacturers needing advanced stock and workflow management
Mobile businesses and retail stores
Businesses with a large number of simple items that need basic inventory across multiple locations
Businesses with small SKU counts seeking ecommerce capabilities and QuickBooks connectivity
Sellers with small SKU counts that want PC-based software
Odoo’s platform uses a double-entry inventory system that lets you track every stock move from purchase, warehouse bin, to a sales order. With such a system, your items are moved along a pipeline rather than removed from the system, allowing for its easy traceability. Take a look at the Odoo inventory app’s features below so that you can decide if it’s a perfect fit for your business.
- Deliver orders with or without bar code scanners
- Inventory adjustments
- Stock transfers
- Bar code or serial number tracking
- Custom fields, expiration dates, multiple units of measurement
- Push and pull routes
- Smart scheduler (automation)
- Scrap products and reports (costs, reasons, and volumes)
- Replenishments (minimum stock, make-to-order, quotation requests)
- Multiple locations structure (zones, rows, shelves, etc.) for your warehouse
- Multiple valuations (FIFO, LIFO, Average Cost, Landed Costs, etc.)
Summary of Odoo Reviews
As of the date this article was written (June 18, 2020), there are very few up-to-date Odoo reviews available online. If you are a past or current Odoo customer, then leave a review to help others who are deciding whether or not to use the software.
Odoo Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What types of support does Odoo offer?
You can access customer support by email and live chat, with its support teams available from Monday through Friday, 24 hours a day. Support is available in English and French.
Can I use my own domain name for my website?
Yes, you can. Odoo’s support team can guide you during implementation.
Does Odoo have a mobile app?
No, it doesn’t.
Our Top Inventory Management Software Picks
If you aren’t sure if Odoo is right for you, then this article on the best free inventory management software is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of software and narrowed our recommendations down based on price or cost-based limitations, accessibility, product and supplier data, integrations, and special offers like bundling or kitting.