RealtyJuggler is a real estate customer relationship management (CRM) software that offers contact management, lead nurturing, and marketing solutions. Its features enable real estate agents to track prospects, listings, appointments, commissions, and expenses. It costs $179 per year. It is best for agents who source leads from multiple channels and those looking to process real estate documents online.
RealtyJuggler Pros & Cons
Extensive set of features that cover real estate lead nurturing, listing management, commission tracking, and marketing
Outdated interface design
Provides a lot of tutorial videos, user manuals, and one-on-one training
No monthly plan
Consolidates leads from multiple sources
Who RealtyJuggler Is Best For
- Real estate agents who source leads from multiple channels: RealtyJuggler consolidates leads from multiple sources, such as real estate listing sites and internet data exchange (IDX) websites. It can also capture leads coming from calls and text messages.
- Real estate businesses looking to process documents online: RealtyJuggler provides an online file management system that enables you to store and attach scanned contracts and other documents.
RealtyJuggler’s pricing is $179 per year. If you are interested, you may sign up for a 90-day free trial before paying for a membership. This free trial gives you access to all of the platform’s features, including lead importing, prospect tracking, contact management, and document storage.
RealtyJuggler Alternatives 2020
Real Estate CRMs
Agents who need an affordable and comprehensive industry-specific CRM
Agents who want advanced customization and sales reporting with a free starting price
Agents seeking a CRM with a highly visual pipeline for lead tracking
Agents who need advanced real estate marketing technology like video email
Agents who need an easy-to-use, intuitive real estate CRM interface
Large teams looking for real estate-focused, lead management features and third-party integrations
Last updated on 04/29/2020
RealtyJuggler’s features cover a wide range of lead nurturing, marketing, and back-end real estate management functionalities. Below is a rundown of its features.
- Contact management: It enables you to import contacts from third-party sources such as Top Producer and Agent Office. The Contacts tab displays your consolidated list of contacts along with their basic information, such as their physical address, email address, phone number, spouse, and the category assigned to them.
- Lead feed and importing: It consolidates leads from real estate listing and IDX websites. You can also import leads from your multiple listing service (MLS), tax records, and lead providers.
- Document management: You can upload and attach scanned documents.
- Drip campaigns: It enables you to launch drip campaigns for printed letters and emails. You can also view reports on opt-ins, unsubscribers, and spam complaints. The platform provides templates for letters and real estate flyers.
- Task management: This tool enables you to create tasks and reminders for different activities, such as following up prospects and showing properties. The platform also reminds you about special occasions, including your clients’ birthdays and closing anniversaries.
- Commission and expense calculator: This tool helps you track splits and referral fees.
- Real estate calculators: Includes different real estate calculators, including mortgage payments and rent-vs-own calculators.
- SMS chat and call capture: You can send, receive, and manage SMS messages. It also shows if your contact has already read your text. The platform can detect if your inbound text and calls are about yard sign inquiries—in which case, it automatically captures caller ID information.
Most Helpful RealtyJuggler Reviews
After reading RealtyJuggler reviews online, I discovered that most of the software’s users are happy with it. Many said that it has a user-friendly interface for tracking clients, commissions, and expenses. Some also shared that its extensive CRM and marketing features have streamlined their real estate lead generation processes. However, others complained about its outdated design.
RealtyJuggler’s interface for tracking clients & expenses is user-friendly
Users who gave positive RealtyJuggler reviews said that they were able to track their contacts, commissions, and expenses. Some added that it has an extensive set of features that perform CRM, marketing, and transaction management functionalities. A few users also shared that it offers a lot of training, including tutorial videos, user manuals, and one-on-one training.
It could use a more modern design
Users who gave negative RealtyJuggler reviews complained about its old-fashioned design. Some also wished for a mobile app and integrations with social media platforms.
RealtyJuggler Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does RealtyJuggler train new users on operating the software?
Yes. RealtyJuggler offers one-on-one training for new users. You can also access tutorial videos and the platform’s user manual.
How can I contact RealtyJuggler’s customer support team?
You can reach RealtyJuggler’s customer support team by submitting a contact form on its website or via telephone. The team is available on Mondays through Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time (MT).
Does RealtyJuggler have a mobile app?
No. However, it is still accessible through mobile browsers. The platform can also synchronize with the contacts and calendar apps for both Android and Apple devices.
RealtyJuggler is generally cheaper than its competitors but it still offers a wide range of features that would help you nurture leads and manage your real estate operations. As users have mentioned through their reviews, it has a straightforward interface. You just need to put up with its old-fashioned design.
If you are not sure if RealtyJuggler is right for you, this article on the best real estate CRMs is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed down our recommendations based on price, ease of use, contact tracking and management, third-party integrations, marketing automation, and customer support.