Shippo Pros and Cons
50 global shipping partners
No mobile app
Extensive ecommerce and marketplace integrations
Real-time shipping rate discounts
Who Shippo Is Best For
- Online retailers that have multiple ecommerce stores and offer global shipping: You can connect many ecommerce platforms and carrier partners that ship worldwide to Shippo.
Shippo’s pricing page shows three tiers: Pay As You Go (5 cents per label), Professional (starts at $10), and Premier (customized pricing). The main differences between the plans are the numbers of user accounts and shipping labels created per month and access to premium features such as custom branding, technical implementation assistance, and priority support.
Numbers of User Accounts
Pay As You Go
5¢ per label
Starts at $10 per month
Up to 5
Up to 15
*From time to time, Shippo offers discounted pricing. You may visit its pricing page to check if there’s one on offer today.
Pay As You Go
This option is best for you if you need a quick and easy solution with no monthly commitments. Pay As You Go entitles you to USPS discounts, real-time shipping rates, unlimited carrier accounts and platform integrations, and up to 5,000 shipments per month. Additionally, you can access customer support via email.
If you want to personalize your customer experience, then Professional is for you. Along with all the features included in Pay As You Go, you get customized branding for your packing slips, email notifications, and tracking pages. You also now have access to live chat on top of email support.
This tier should work for you if you need a customized shipping solution. On top of the features in Professional, you are provided technical implementation assistance and dedicated customer support.
Shippo Alternatives 2020
Small and medium-sized ecommerce sellers and crowdfunding programs that need batch fulfillment
Ecommerce sellers with special packing and handling needs
Fulfillment matchmaker to help you find the best provider
Shippo helps you create shipping labels, connect your ecommerce tools, manage customer experience, and grow your business with its scalable features. I have listed some of its important features below to help you decide if it’s the tool that your business needs.
- Shipping label creation and automation
- Get real-time rates from carriers, access the best discounts from shipping partners, sync orders and tracking information, set up rules to automate label creation, and schedule carrier pickups with USPS or DHL express
- Generate labels from an existing order file to avoid manual entry errors
- Avoid failed deliveries with address validation
- Create return labels
- Batch label printing
- Customized shipping experience for customers
- Have different packing slips and label formats
- Personalize tracking pages and shipping notification emails
- Global shipping
- Have pre-filled customs forms
- Engage in paperless trade
- Partial fulfillment: Split an order into multiple shipments for back-ordered items and inventory in different warehouses.
- Shipment notifications: Give detailed shipment information, comprehensive tracking history, up-to-date estimated time of arrival (ETA), and original ETA.
Shippo integrates and partners with carriers, ecommerce platforms, third-party logistics (3PL) providers, warehouse management solutions, and more to streamline the fulfillment process for online sellers. Here is a list of Shippo’s most popular integrations:
- Ecommerce platforms: Square, Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Magento, Selz, Volusion, and Ecwid
- Marketplaces: Amazon, Etsy, and eBay
- Fulfillment services: ShippingTree, ShipBob, ShipHero, Wizmo, FLEXE, SnapShip, Deliverr, Baja Fulfillment, Veeqo, and Jeti
- Shipping carriers: USPS, UPS, DHL Express, FedEx, Parcelforce, DHL eCommerce, CDL Last Mile Solutions, AxleHire, and OnTrac
- Web building and hosting platforms: GoDaddy, Weebly, and Squarespace
Most Helpful Shippo Reviews
The majority of Shippo reviews I have read online are positive, with many highlighting its ease of use, automation capability, many available integrations, and real-time shipping discounts. Meanwhile, there aren’t many complaints about the platform, but many users recommend that a mobile app be made available.
Seamless integration with many ecommerce platforms
One user who left a positive Shippo review on Capterra shared that he likes the platform’s intuitive layout and available integrations with many ecommerce platforms, like eBay. He added that it has been very easy for him to connect his ecommerce websites to Shippo.
No mobile app available
A user who left a negative Shippo review on Capterra said that there are times when purchasing labels results in an error, with no clear indicator on the cause. She also wishes for a mobile or iPad app for the platform, adding that she runs her business on mobile most of the time and that it is difficult to use Shippo from her phone.
Shippo Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are there any other fees?
No, there aren’t. You either pay the per label or subscription fee, plus postage and insurance costs.
How do I upgrade my account?
You can upgrade anytime by reaching out to Shippo’s customer support.
What types of support does Shippo provide?
It offers the following types of support:
- Email support: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific time, Monday through Friday and 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Pacific time, Saturdays and Sundays
- Chat and phone: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Pacific time, Monday through Friday
- Callback requests
- Extensive help center, tutorials, and API documentation
Our Guide to Order Fulfillment and Warehouse Services
If you are not sure if Shippo fits your business needs, then check out our definitive guide to the best order fulfillment and warehouse services to learn more about how these apps can serve your business needs.