Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists Pros & Cons
Great call quality
Per-call pricing scheme is not beneficial for those with short calls
Very professional and reliable service
Who Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists Is Best For
- Law firms: Friendly receptionists help law firms make a positive impression on new leads who want quick answers to simple questions or might be seeking guidance through complicated legal procedures.
- IT consultants: The company offers services to streamline workflows, such as new customer calls, appointments, and calling back clients for follow-ups. Its services enable users to focus on operating their businesses without interruption.
- Ecommerce and small businesses: Advertising businesses may be flooded with phone calls. Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists offers a fast and efficient solution for handling and answering calls.
Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists Pricing
Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists’ pricing page shows three plans with monthly fees that range from $140 to $600. The main differences between the plans are the numbers of receptionist calls and transfer destinations. Customized plans and a free trial are also available. You may contact Smith.ai for more information.
Fees for Calls Beyond Monthly Allocation
Numbers of Receptionist Calls
Numbers of Transfer Destinations
Additionally, Smith.ai Virtual Receptionist offers plan and call add-ons, including the following:
- Business caller ID: $10 per month
- Additional transfer destinations: $15 per month
- Smith.ai operator: the operator can organize and coordinate conference calls at a cost of $4 per participant, per hour
- Text and email follow-up: 50 cents per call, per month
- Conflict checks: 0.50 cents per call, per month
- Collect call support: 0.50 cents per call, per month
- Appointment booking: $1 per call, per month)
- Payment processing: $1 per call, per month
Those interested may check its website for the complete list of call and plan add-ons.
Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists Features
Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists provides U.S.-based agents for handling of various tasks, such as inbound and outbound call management, payment collection, and lead screening. Here are some of Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists’ most essential feature:
- Call management: Smith.ai’s live receptionists handle both inbound and outbound calls, including answering, transferring callers to you, prequalifying callers, calling leads, and so forth.
- Call summary: Receptionists send users summaries of each call through SMS or email. They also share call disposition information by marking every call with its type and urgency.
- Appointment scheduling: Its team of agents schedules appointments for you while utilizing your calendar. They can also prequalify leads before scheduling meetings and then call clients to remind them of upcoming meetings to decrease your number of cancellations.
- Lead data gathering: Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists capture and qualify leads based on your preferred criteria. Additionally, its agents can monetize your bad leads by referring them to your customized business list to earn a referral fee.
- Responding to texts sent to your number: Let its virtual receptionists answer the text messages sent by your leads to your Smith.ai phone number. They may book appointments and screen new leads, among others, through text.
- Transfer destinations: Receptionists may prequalify the types of callers that can be transferred to you.
Most Helpful Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists Reviews
Most Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists reviews on our website and around the web are positive. Users commented that they are impressed with its professional receptionists’ exceptional service and excellent call quality. In fact, there aren’t many negative reviews available online; however, some wished its pricing was more affordable.
Receptionists are professional & responsive
“They are responsive, professional, and so incredible for my law firm! They block spam, and they treat our callers professionally and kindly. They always respond to my requests, do their best to accommodate my needs, and always offer solutions to issues. I’m so glad I compared the top services and selected Smith.ai!”
— J. Dallo
Calls aren’t answered quickly sometimes
“On some occasions, the calls can ring for a long time before someone answers. It’s a minor detail, and the calls do end up being answered, but it’s just a way to improve the feel for my clients when they call.”
— Jennifer MacGeorge
Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists offer a free trial?
Yes, it does, and it lasts for 14 days or 20 calls, whichever comes first. Those who want to continue will simply be required to input their payment information on its website. If payment isn’t sent after the trial, then the number will be kept for a grace period of one month. After the grace period, the number will automatically be disabled.
Does Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists count wrong numbers & spam towards my call limit?
No, you won’t be charged for wrong numbers and test calls. Enable Caller ID in your routing software in order to block unsolicited sales and spam calls to help make your monthly bill lower.
Am I required to sign a contract?
No, you aren’t. Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists provides pay-as-you-go services, which are billed monthly. You may also cancel, upgrade, or downgrade your plans at any time.
Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists offers a reliable live answering service with a straightforward pricing scheme. Unlike other providers, it does not charge for unwanted solicitation and sales calls, spam, robocalls, and wrong numbers. Almost all of the prices of its features and services are posted on its website.
Additionally, its per-call rates are different from most providers as it aims to increase its users’ cost savings compared to per-minute fees. In this case, those who typically handle short calls find its prices to be steep; however, the majority of users mentioned that its fees are worth it and they are not shocked by their bills. Actually, almost all of its users are impressed with the quality of its services, making it difficult to find negative experiences with this company.
If you aren’t sure if Smith.ai Virtual Receptionists is right for you, this article on the best answering services is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations down based on price, ease of use, and features, like customer support and an auto-attendant.
Disclaimer: The following information was provided by Smith.ai and does not necessarily reflect the views of FitSmallBusiness.com.
What is Smith.ai?
Smith.ai is a superior virtual receptionist service for phone calls, web chats, and texts. Our North America-based professionals answer calls and chats; screen and intake clients; schedule appointments; and take payments. With 30+ integrations, including Clio, LawPay, and Calendly, conversations are synced with your systems. Plans start at $70/month, and include free spam blocking.
Smith.ai News & Activity
Smith.ai Customer Service
Questions? Contact us.
We’re here to help you make the most of Smith.ai. If you have questions or requests, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (650) 727-6484. Our Customer Service team is available Monday through Friday, 5:00 am to 6:00 pm PT / 8:00 am to 9:00 pm ET.
Smith.ai Unique Features
Call answering, prioritization and live transfers
Appointment scheduling (with calendar integration)
Lead capture and qualification
New client intake using your forms
Practice management integration (Clio, Lexicata, Rocket Matter, PracticePanther, and many more)
Automated workflows (for example: we call back new leads who have emailed you)
Accept payments (integrations with LawPay, PayPal, Square & more)
Complex call routing, including option to ring attorney first, and then receptionists
Conference call coordination with Smith.ai Operator
Slack integration with call transfer notifications and summaries
Text message alerts for call transfer requests
Instant status updates via SMS
North America-based receptionists (Spanish-speaking available)
Predictable pricing — pay per call, not per minute
Fully customized call handling procedures for natural conversations & “in-house” experience — no robotic scripts
Immediate post-call summaries via email and text, and daily summaries via email
No charge for spam, sales & wrong-number calls
No setup or cancellation fees
30-day / 10-call free trial
Service available Monday through Friday, 8am to 9pm ET