SpringAhead is a cloud-based time tracking solution that also helps with data and expense management. Its features include time sheets, expense reports, client invoices, and proprietary systems integration. SpringAhead’s subscription starts at $75 per company, per month. It is best for government contractors, professional services, outsourcing firms, and staff agencies.
SpringAhead Pros and Cons
Simple and easy-to-use user interface (UI)
Uploading glitches on expense reports
Seamless integration with QuickBooks
Errors in time sheet uploading
Responsive customer support
Who SpringAhead Is Best For
- Government contractors: SpringAhead complies with the Defense Contract Audit Agency’s (DCAA) timekeeping requirements, and you can activate its DCAA functionality with a simple interface adjustment. It helps you track the change and approval histories in all accounts, including timecards that have been deleted. This enables you to provide changelogs and other documentation in the event of a federal audit.
- Professional services firms that need help tracking billable work: Apart from fully detailed time and materials job costings, it offers customizable bill rate tracking on a per client, project, user, and task basis. This will help avoid billing disputes while ensuring that you are compensated properly for work rendered.
- Outsourcing companies that require automated client invoicing: The platform can automate invoicing by capturing your staff’s actual hours worked onto customer invoices and calculating the applicable fees based on the clients’ contractual billing rates.
- Staffing agencies: It helps you track staffing placements, gather the placed staff’s time entries, and parse the collected data properly for client invoicing, staff payrolling, and processing of staff placement commissions.
SpringAhead’s basic plan starts at $75 per company, per month for a maximum of 10 time or expense user licenses, with every additional license costing $7.50 per month. It also offers an annual-based subscription (custom priced) with an option to include add-ons like premium support, turn-key implementation, payroll configuration, and email notification.
For reference, here are the features of each add-on:
- Premium support: Aside from your case being tagged high-priority, you get dedicated communication lines (phone and email) and a guaranteed response time of two business hours. You can also request additional configuration assistance beyond SpringAhead’s original implementation service.
- Turn-key implementation: SpringAhead will assign an implementation specialist who can help configure the platform to fit your requirements and develop a workflow system (with submission requirements and role permissions). The specialist will also stay with you until the end-to-end system tests are done.
- Email notifications: Users will receive automatic reminders for timecard submissions or approvals.
- Payroll configuration: You will receive hands-on help to generate payroll report exports that match your payroll provider’s guidelines.
SpringAhead Alternatives 2020
SpringAhead is designed to help you track time, project expenses, and create invoices. It also supports credit and bank card integration, and offers foreign currency conversion tools. Below is an overview of SpringAhead’s essential features to help you decide if it fits your needs.
Time sheet: SpringAhead supports multiple time tracking formats (such as daily entry, weekly entry, and clock-in/clock-outs), and you can select which is best for your business. It can monitor overtime, vacation, and other project-related time types. It also enables you to easily identify time sheet, overtime, and vacation accrual balance issues before they become a problem.
Expense reports: SpringAhead lets you track mileage, monitor project expenses, and itemize transactions online. You can upload receipts and add them to a specific expense report or line item. Its platform also lets you archive receipts, wherein said digital documents are organized properly and can be retrieved quickly.
Moreover, SpringAhead supports credit and bank card integration. All the itemization tools to split expenses, as well as foreign currency conversion tools, are also available.
Client invoices: Its billing tools automate bill calculations and create detailed invoices directly within your accounting system. The transferred billing data include hours worked, bill rates, pay rates, descriptions, and purchase order numbers. You can also add comments and choose your invoicing frequency to match your clients’ billing requirements, or create one invoice per client, project, or worker.
Proprietary Systems Integration: The platform’s integration engine, SpringConnect, automatically creates invoices, time sheets, bills, checks, journal entries, and/or credit card transactions directly within SpringAhead.
It also seamlessly integrates with the following:
Accounting solutions: QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, and QuickBooks for Windows
Payroll providers: PayChex and SurePayroll
Recruitment software: Bullhorn
Online document storage platform: SmartVault
Billing and invoicing software: Bill.com
Most Helpful SpringAhead Reviews
Users who left positive SpringAhead reviews said that they like how easy and convenient it is to use, while others appreciate its seamless integration with QuickBooks. Meanwhile, those who gave negative reviews complained about experiencing glitches when generating reports.
Customizable; responsive customer service
“My employees can enter their time remotely, and I can use the software to upload the data into QuickBooks—which saves me a lot of energy. Its customer service has been responsive. I also like that I have been able to customize it to fit my company’s needs.”
Uploading glitches on the expense report
One user who left negative feedback on G2 mentioned that it takes a lot of time to generate reports from the previous weeks. Another reviewer, also on G2, complained about the uploading glitches in its expense report feature.
SpringAhead Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are some of the support resources that SpringAhead provides?
SpringAhead maintains a blog and offers articles, setup guides, and video tutorials to help you navigate and fully maximize the software.
Does SpringAhead offer a free trial?
No, it doesn’t; but you can request a demo if you are interested in the platform.
Which version of QuickBooks works best with SpringAhead?
You may use SpringAhead with all Windows and international versions of QuickBooks.
Our Top Time Tracking Software Picks
If you aren’t sure if SpringAhead is right for you, then this article on the best time tracking software is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations down based on price, ease of use, and features like clock-in and -out, GPS location, ID verification, payroll, invoicing, and project management.