StarShip Pros and Cons
Limited user reviews
Many printing options
Paid technical support
Who StarShip Is Best For
- Businesses that ship small parcel packages worldwide: StarShip offers integrations with multiple carriers worldwide. It also lets you compare shipping rates within its platform, which helps you save more on shipping costs.
StarShip’s pricing information is not readily available on its website. Fees for basic order fulfillment platforms cost anywhere from $5 to $25 per month, while more extensive apps have fees that range from $40 to $100 per month. Factors that may affect pricing include the types of orders fulfilled and the average number of shipped packages each month.
StarShip Alternatives 2020
Small and medium-sized ecommerce sellers and crowdfunding programs that need batch fulfillment
Ecommerce sellers with special packing and handling needs
Fulfillment matchmaker to help you find the best provider
StarShip is designed to integrate with a lot of platforms that help automate shipping, accounting, and customer service tasks. I have listed its most important features below to help you decide if it’s the tool that your business needs.
- Multi-carrier and multi-modal: This allows you to shop for rates and ship small parcels (including regionals) and less than truckload (LTL) packages with one click. You can also have StarShip automatically select the carrier/service based on custom parameters.
- Multiple printing options: Print shipping labels and documents (including international forms) separately or go for an integrated packing list and shipping label.
- Quote/rate shop shipping costs
- Branded email
- Integrations with electronic data interchange (EDI), and enterprise resource planning (ERP), and warehouse management systems (WMS) systems. See a more comprehensive list below.
StarShip integrates with a wide range of accounting, WMS, EDI, and ERP systems, and these integrations allow you to streamline shipping, accounts receivable, and customer service tasks. For example, plug-and-play interfaces provide the warehouse with instant access to orders and invoices. Meanwhile, a WMS lets you scan the document number from your pick sheet to auto-populate the shipping screen.
Here is a list of some of StarShip’s popular integrations:
- Ecommerce software and marketplaces: 3dcart, Amazon, BigCommerce, eBay, Magento, Shopify, and Volusion
- Shipping carriers: UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL, Freight Quote, OnTrac, SpeeDee, XPO Logistics
- Accounting and ERP software: QuickBooks, Sage 100, Dynamics GP, and Acumatica
Summary of StarShip Reviews
As of the date this article was written (July 30, 2020), there are no up-to-date Starship reviews available online. If you are a past or current Starship customer, then leave a review to help others who are deciding whether or not to use the software.
StarShip Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What types of support does StarShip provide?
You can submit a support ticket from its website or call customer support from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday. Note that StarShip offers support services at a cost. You may contact its sales team or visit its website for a quote.
What types of shipping data does StarShip provide?
Your StarShip’s dashboard includes a view of your shipment history, shipment cost, tracking details, shipment volume by carrier, late deliveries reports, and recipient heat map. You can also see your top customers by shipping volume, review freight spend, and gather shipping stats by employee.
How does StarShip streamline the order fulfillment process?
It connects with order entry, accounts receivable, and customer service solutions so that you can fulfill orders more efficiently.
Our Guide to Order Fulfillment and Warehouse Services
If you are not sure whether or not StarShip fits your needs, then check out our definitive guide to the best order fulfillment and warehouse services to learn more about how these apps can serve your business.