Talkdesk is a cloud-based call center software that helps teams improve customer satisfaction through advanced capabilities and artificial intelligence (AI). It features voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP), interactive voice response (IVR), omnichannel engagement, and an outbound dialer. Its monthly fees start at $65 per seat, and it’s best for healthcare organizations that require a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)-compliant phone system.
Talkdesk Pros & Cons
Robust set of call traffic management functions
No shared contacts or inbox
Intuitive and user-friendly
Occasional app and connection issues
Integrates with popular third-party apps like Zendesk and Salesforce
Who Talkdesk Is Best For
- Healthcare organizations that require a HIPAA-compliant phone system: Talkdesk has a comprehensive set of features that allow healthcare organizations to deliver clinical and care communications in real-time. It also helps boost patient trust as it ensures all information is secured through its Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and HIPAA compliance, multifactor authentication support, and more.
Talkdesk’s pricing page for its contact center edition shows three plans with fees that start at $65 per seat, per month. Additionally, quotes for its subscription options are available upon request. The main difference between the plans is access to premium features, such as custom report and dashboard creation, real-time and historical reporting APIs, and a mobile agent.
Quote available upon request
Quote available upon request
Quote available upon request
Small and medium-sized contact centers
Larger contact centers or those that need mobile agents and APIs to integrate with your business intelligence tool
Larger contact centers or those that require customization and service backed by a 100% uptime service-level agreement (SLA) guarantee
(Android and iOS)
Real-time and Historical Reporting APIs
100% Uptime SLA
Custom Report and Dashboard Creation
Talkdesk is a contact center software that enables teams to manage workforce and customer engagement. Here are some of Talkdesk’s most essential features.
- Customer engagement: Talkdesk is equipped with a wide range of customer engagement apps that let you manage business communications made through calls, messaging apps, SMS, and more. It also features IVR, an outbound dialer, and automatic call distributor (ACD) software.
- AI and knowledge: Talkdesk offers its Virtual Agent, Agent Assist, and Guide Knowledge Base to improve your contact center with AI. These features help agents by recommending the next-best actions and delivering answers to customers’ needs as well as relevant content to agents to achieve a world-class customer experience.
- Analytics and insights: View analytics in real-time for an instant view of performance metrics. You can customize dashboards, share metrics for key performance indicator (KPI) tracking, and identify trends and performance pitfalls.
- Performance management: Track your agents’ performance with Talkdesk’s dashboards that allow you to measure the engagement and align targets to KPIs. Gamification—with social media capability and machine learning—is also available, letting you automate team challenges.
- Call recording: Talkdesk enables you to manage your inbound and outbound call recordings. It also offers synchronized playbacks of screen and voice recordings and customized storage options.
Talkdesk Alternatives 2020
Call Center Software
Teams seeking a platform with strong reporting and metric functionality
Call centers that want to customize their solution with add-on features
Call centers that want to take advantage of collaboration modules such as shared contacts
Smaller teams that want a free call center solution
Companies with an overseas business presence that need unlimited calling to 52 countries
Starts at $29.95/month for 1–4 users
Most Helpful Talkdesk Reviews
The majority of Talkdesk reviews online are positive. Most users like its easy-to-use software and wide range of integrations with popular apps like Slack, Pipedrive, Shopify, and OpenPageCRM. Meanwhile, some complained about experiencing occasional server downtime as well as app and connection problems.
Has an easy-to-use interface & responsive support team
One user commended Talkdesk on Capterra for its intuitive user interface. She added that she is impressed with its features, add-ons, and its customer support team that promptly answers all of her team’s questions.
Rare technical glitches & bugs
A user who left a review on G2 commented that there were technical difficulties sometimes, like bugs and glitches. However, he emphasized that its support team is always available to resolve all reported issues and problems.
Talkdesk Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I add features to my plan?
Yes, you can, as Talkdesk offers add-ons, such as omnichannel, workforce management, quality management, speech analytics, and a virtual agent. Contact its solutions consultant for more information and to ask for a quote.
Can Talkdesk help me move to the cloud?
Yes, it can. It offers five flexible deployment options: Boost, xConnect, Hybrid Cloud, Regional Cloud, and Select Cloud. Quotes are available upon request.
Does Talkdesk offer a free demo?
Yes, it does, and it includes helping you create a contact center with settings configuration and CRM integrations. You may apply for a free demo on its website.
If you aren’t sure if Talkdesk is right for you, this article on the best call center phone systems is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations based on pricing, usability, and features, such as interactive voice response, analytics, and reporting.