TMetric is a time tracking software that is suitable for users who monitor several projects simultaneously. Available via mobile and desktop apps and web extensions, it features solutions for project and team management, reporting, and integration. TMetric has a free plan with up to five seats, and its paid tiers start at $5 per user, per month.
TMetric Pros and Cons
Service interruptions (crashes)
Free plan has robust features
The user interface (UI) needs improvement
Who TMetric Is Best For
- Those who manage several projects at a time: Its advanced project tracking tools enable you to track time by work type, create budgets, and assign billable hours by project or team member, among others.
TMetric’s pricing page displays one free plan, and two paid subscription tiers with fees that start at $5 per month, per user. The availability of advanced features such as billable rates, invoicing, client logins for access to reports, and paid-time-off (PTO) tracking is the main difference between the plans.
Free (Only for Up to Five Seats)
Starts at $5
Starts at $48
Starts at $7
Starts at $72
Looking for a free and easy to use scheduling/time tracking app? Try When I Work.
All of TMetric’s plans feature the following time tracking capabilities: add time manually, bulk edit time entries, track with a timer, create tags, view a timeline, detect idle time, and an offline mode.
In addition to the aforementioned, this gives you access to detailed reports, exporting―PDF and comma-separated values (CSV)―options for time formats, and a summary report for projects. With this tier, you can also set project and user permissions, create teams and assign team leads, edit workspace profiles and billable hours, monitor unlimited clients and projects, and more.
This is TMetric’s option that allows you to upload your company logo, round the time (either forward or backward), customize invoices and reports, select custom icons for certain projects and clients, set flat rates for each project, calculate billable hours for each team member, lay down recurring project budgets, and evaluate your team’s activity level among others.
The advanced functions in this subscription include monitoring websites and apps usage, capturing screenshots, and tracking PTO. It also enables you to create payroll, set time tracking permissions, sync time with Jira, QuickBooks, GitLab, and Redmine, and give your clients logins so that they can access reports.
For those who require 40 or more seats, these are TMetric’s volume discounts:
- 10% off for 40 or more
- 20% off for 100 or more
- 30% off for 200 or more
- 40% off for 500 or more
If you are a part of nonprofit and educational organizations, then you may contact TMetric’s sales department at firstname.lastname@example.org for special prices.
TMetric Alternatives 2020
Designed to help you efficiently manage several projects at a time, TMetric offers a time tracking solution that comes with advanced project management capabilities. Let’s look at some of the app’s essential functions to help you decide whether or not it’s the tool that you need.
- Time tracking: TMetric detects idle time and enables you to track with a timer, add time manually, bulk edit time entries, view a timeline, and monitor websites and apps’ usage, among others.
- Reporting: This function includes summary reports for projects, detailed reports, and exporting (PDF and CSV).
- Project management: All of its plans come with the ability to monitor unlimited projects and clients and to set project permissions, but only the paid tiers come with these advanced functions:
- Custom icons for clients and projects
- Project breakdown of tasks
- Descriptions for task time entries
- Billable rates for projects, members, and work types
- Time estimates for projects
- Budgeting for projects
- Recurring budgets
- Team management: This provides you with, among other things, the tools to edit workspace member profiles and set user groups and permissions.
- Apps and integrations: Alongside enabling you to build integrations with preferred tools, TMetric offers the following integrations: Asana, Basecamp, Bitbucket, Freshdesk, GitHub, GitLab, Jira, Trello, Wrike, Todoist, Zendesk, and more.
Most Helpful TMetric Reviews
Positive TMetric reviews highlight its ease of use and helpful time tracking and project management functions, even in its free plan; whereas reviewers who expressed dissatisfaction said that it has some bugs like crashes and that it slows down when there are many projects in the system.
User-friendly and the free option is great
“Attractive free tier. Easy-to-use product. The Windows desktop app runs in the tray, and it can be launched easily to start tracking. It tells you what applications you have been utilizing, which is useful if you forgot to track what you were doing.”
—Nicolas de Kouchkovsky
Slow loading time and desktop app crashes
One user who left negative feedback on Capterra mentioned that its project selection tool takes a while to load when there are already several projects in the system. He also noted that TMetric’s desktop program is unreliable since it crashes.
TMetric Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does it offer a free trial?
Yes, it does. The trial lasts for 30 days, and you may sign up for it on TMetric’s website. The form will ask for your company’s name, its industry, and your team’s size.
What subscription modifications does it allow?
You may upgrade or downgrade your subscription and even change your billing period. Please note that plans don’t automatically renew, so you’ll have to enable the “automatic renewal” function.
What types of support does it offer?
TMetric has a “Help” page that you may browse through. Should you require additional assistance, then you may reach out to the provider via email at email@example.com or submit a request on its website.
Our Top Time Tracking Software Picks
If you aren’t sure if TMetric is right for you, then this article on the best time tracking software is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations down based on price, ease of use, and features like time entry options, invoicing, project management, reports, and integrations.