Twilio Flex is a flexible contact and call center software that can be configured according to businesses’ specific needs. It features voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP), interactive voice response (IVR), omnichannel customer engagement, and operational insights. Fees cost $1 per active user hour or $150 per named user, per month. It’s best for tech-savvy teams looking to design, build, and deploy the entire contact center interface.
Twilio Flex Pros & Cons
Cloud contact center deployment in days or weeks
Not user-friendly for individuals lacking in technological skills
Outbound IVR calling
Limited customer support
Twilio API for WhatsApp, letting you reach 1.5 billion WhatsApp users worldwide
Fewer built-in integrations available, but you can create your own
Who Twilio Flex Is Best For
- Tech-savvy teams looking to design, build, and deploy the entire contact center interface to fit their needs: Twilio Flex is a fully programmable contact center that allows developers to design, build, extend, and deploy customized platforms. It enables you to improve your current contact center with intelligent IVR, chatbot, or new channels, as well as allows you to move it to the cloud.
Twilio Flex Pricing
Twilio Flex’s pricing page shows two pricing options: per-hour and per-month. Per-hour pricing costs $1 per active user hour, and it’s best for businesses with part-time agents. Meanwhile, those who prefer a predictable spend may choose the per-month plan. It has a $150 flat rate per named user, per month, regardless of their activity or volume.
Twilio Flex also offers a free trial that comes with 5,000 active user hours. It allows you to create a prototype of your customized contact center. Note that its free trial doesn’t include insights or a self-hosted user interface.
Twilio Flex Features
Twilio Flex is a contact center software that lets users customize any layer of the platform for ideal agent and customer experiences. Here are some of Twilio Flex’s most essential features.
- AI-powered self-service: Twilio Flex allows you to build conversational chatbots and a scalable and conversational IVR system to reduce customer wait times.
- Omnichannel customer service: Let your customers reach out to you through multiple channels, such as SMS, WebChat, WhatsApp, or voice. Its platform lets you manage your tasks across channels on a single user interface.
- Proactive customer engagement: Reach your customers during peak hours with click-to-dial, automated text notifications, callback service, preview dialers, and more.
- Remote agent contact centers: Build and deploy a platform supporting supervisors and agents who work from home with minimal to no operational impact.
- Third-party app integrations: Twilio Flex allows you to integrate with the apps you are currently using, such as Zendesk and Salesforce. It also lets you pull information on your inventory, payments, customers’ past orders, and more through API integrations.
- Operational insights: Easily create customized reports with a drag-and-drop user interface to display metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs), interaction data, and more.
Twilio Flex Alternatives 2020
Call Center Software
Teams seeking a platform with strong reporting and metric functionality
Call centers that want to customize their solution with add-on features
Call centers that want to take advantage of collaboration modules, such as shared contacts
Smaller teams that want a free call center solution
Most Helpful Twilio Flex Reviews
Most Twilio Flex reviews online are positive. Many users like its flexibility, third-party integrations, and reasonable pricing. However, others commented that it requires technical knowledge to set up, while some shared that they experienced having issues with logging in.
Easy to set up & inexpensive
One user commended Twilio Flex on Capterra for having a software that’s easy to set up using SQL or PHP, and which provided them with options for online SMS centers and VoIP. He added that it is inexpensive to utilize.
App logs out if left idle & has occasional lags in logging in & out
A user who left a review on G2 mentioned that it logs out his account when it is left idle on a specific status for an extended period. He also shared that the app takes a while to log in or out sometimes.
Twilio Flex Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Twilio Flex offer a demo?
Yes, and those interested may request an interactive demo on its website by providing their information, such as name, email address, company name, and phone number.
Does Twilio Flex have built-in channels?
Yes, it does. These channels are chat, voice, and SMS, allowing you to make and take calls, respond to text messages, and integrate your website chat to its platform.
Is there a required framework to utilize when customizing Twilio Flex?
If you aren’t sure if Twilio Flex is right for you, this article on the best call center phone systems is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations based on pricing, usability, and features, such as interactive voice response, analytics, and reporting.