VeriClock is a cloud-based time tracking solution that allows users to monitor their employees’ hours. Its features include phone, smartphone, and web punch clock, location and time verification, in-app signature capture, GPS geo-tagging, and custom data gathering and reporting. VeriClock’s subscription fees start at $10 per month, with an additional $5 per month for each active user. It is best for businesses with mobile and/or in-house employees.
VeriClock Pros and Cons
Punch clocks make time-ins/outs easier for employees
GPS positioning inaccuracies
Seamless integration with QuickBooks
Initial software rollout issues
Responsive customer support
Who VeriClock Is Best For
- Businesses with mobile and/or in-house employees: VeriClock allows employees to clock in and out of work through any number of devices like a phone (non-smartphone), smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop. Business owners and managers can manage and monitor time cards in real time, get detailed reports, and import those cards into different accounting systems to save time and money.
VeriClock’s pricing page shows a subscription plan priced at $10 per month. There is an additional $5 per month for each active user, wherein an “active user” is any user who logged in to the service during the previous billing period. VeriClock’s service is contract-free and offered on a month-to-month or annual prepaid basis.
The provider also offers these add-ons:
- Phone call and SMS or text clocking
- GPS tracking for non-smartphones
- SMS or text alerts and notifications
- Photo and video attachments
Those interested in VeriClock may sign up for its 30-day free trial.
VeriClock Alternatives 2020
VeriClock is designed to track employees’ clock-ins/outs in real time using different devices. It provides you with accurate time reports that you can use to generate payroll and support your client billings. Below is an overview of VeriClock’s essential features to help you decide if it fits your needs.
- Android and iOS apps
- Cloud-based management and reporting
- In-app signature capture
- Multiple overtime rules and calculation
- Customizable job and service codes
- Customizable, exportable reports for payroll and more
- Multiple export formats including CSV, XLS, XLSS, and PDF
- Group clock-in capability
- Auto clock-out employees with TimeGuard
- Configurable email alerts
- GPS-tagged clock-in/out and continuous tracking
- Integrates with Sage 50cloud or QuickBooks
- Multi-city phone numbers
- Clock by voice or text message
- Text message alerts
- Toll-free clocking
- Employee onboarding assistance
- Free support by chat, phone, and email
Summary of VeriClock Online Reviews
There are very few up-to-date VeriClock reviews online as of this writing (June 18, 2020), but the ones I read highlight its ease of use and seamless QuickBooks integration. If you are a past or current VeriClock customer, then leave a review to help others who are deciding whether or not to use the software.
VeriClock Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What customer support resources does VeriClock provide?
VeriClock maintains a blog, offers a live demo, and has an FAQs page to help you navigate and fully maximize the software.
What is included in its free trial?
VeriClock’s 30-day free trial includes GPS-tagged time sheets, geofencing, signature approvals from third parties, paid-time-off accrual, and clock in via phone call, SMS, and its web-based and smartphone apps.
What verification features are present in VeriClock?
VeriClock offers verification features that include caller ID, IP address tracking, voice verification, and GPS tracking to ensure an employee’s clock in/out from a proper location. A real-time status report can also be viewed by a supervisor if an employee decided to clock in or out from a different location.
Our Top Time Tracking Software Picks
If you aren’t sure if VeriClock is right for you, then this article on the best time tracking software is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations down based on price, ease of use, and features like clock-in and -out, GPS location, ID verification, payroll, invoicing, and project management.