Webflow is a web hosting platform and a website builder with a content management system (CMS). It features a site designer, ecommerce toolkit, collaboration options, content editor, and more. Its hosting services cost $12 to $36 per month when billed yearly. It is best for web designers and developers looking for a website creator, host provider, and a CMS, all in one platform.
Webflow Pros & Cons
Supports global CDN for fast hosting
The pricing structure is quite confusing and expensive
Has plenty of modern website templates
Steep learning curve
Includes built-in SEO tools
Who Webflow Is Best For
- Team of web designers and developers looking for a solution to build and launch content-driven websites: In addition to web designing and hosting, Webflow also features content management, where you can create content structures based on your clients’ needs. You can also give your teammates and clients access to the project so they can collaborate, add, and edit content with you.
Webflow’s pricing structure has two main plans: Site Plans ($15-$45/month) and Account Plans ($0-$35+/user/month). Each plan has subplans that also have several tiers each. The Site Plans offer several options to host your website, while the Account Plans unlock many extra features for building and designing websites.
Webflow Site Plans Pricing & Features
Basic sites that do not need a CMS
Content-driven sites, such as blog sites
Blog or marketing sites with higher traffic
Businesses that need a tailored solution and features for their brand
*Yearly plans are paid in full at the start of every billing cycle.
With Webflow, you can start building websites for free, with no time limit. Then, subscribe to any of the Site Plans when your site is ready for deployment.
For users who need check-out features on their domain, the Site Plans also have separate pricing options for ecommerce: Standard ($42 per month, or $29 per month when billed annually), Plus ($84/month, or $74/month when billed annually), and Advanced ($235 per month, or $212 per month when billed annually). You may purchase any of the ecommerce plans only if you are subscribed to Site Plan CMS, Business, or Enterprise.
- Global servers: Webflow is powered by Amazon Web Services (AWS), which provides global infrastructure, enabling it to support websites worldwide.
- Custom forms: Webflow enables you to create custom web forms to collect data from customers, and then connect them with the marketing automation platforms as needed.
- Zero maintenance: With Webflow, you do not need to run updates, install packages, or deal with many website management and maintenance tasks. You only need to publish your site, and Webflow will take care of the rest.
- Backups and versioning: This feature allows you to preview and restore your site from ongoing automatic backups. You can also create save points to mark progress and track changes.
- Password protection: Set a password for your entire website or individual pages to restrict access or protect your in-progress work.
- Site search: Create a custom search engine for your site and design the overall look and feel of your search results page through this feature.
Webflow Alternatives 2020
Web Hosting Providers
Companies looking for fast global website speeds
Companies needing fast hosting for sites with dynamic multimedia or interactive content
Less tech-savvy businesses looking for a fast, easy-to-build WordPress website
Companies needing fast web hosting with guaranteed 100% uptime
Marketers needing fast load times for sites that experience traffic surges
Summary of Webflow Reviews
As of the date this article was written (July 22, 2020), there are very few up-to-date Webflow reviews available online, and all of them talk about its website creation and designing features. If you are a past or current Webflow customer for its hosting services, leave a review to help others decide whether or not to use the service.
Webflow Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What types of support does Webflow provide?
Free account users can utilize Webflow’s community support through forum.webflow.com. Paid accounts can get email support and prioritized phone help.
Can I migrate my existing website to Webflow?
No, you cannot. Existing web files and codes cannot be imported to Webflow.
Can I create a website in Webflow & host it somewhere else?
Yes, you can. Webflow’s Account Plans allow you to export your Webflow website and host it anywhere you like.
Our Top Web Hosting Company Picks
If you aren’t sure if Webflow is right for you, this article on the best web hosting companies is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations down based on the price and features, such as storage, uptime, and extras like free domains.