Zendesk Talk is a cloud-based call center software and voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP) system that helps teams provide phone support to their customers. It features call recording, automatic ticket creation, interactive voice response (IVR), and more. Its monthly fees range from $0 to $110 per agent, and it’s best for smaller teams that need a free call center solution.
Zendesk Talk Pros & Cons
A free plan with basic features is available
No unlimited international call minutes
Integrates with over 70 telephony solutions
Occasional call quality issues
Who Zendesk Talk Is Best For
- Smaller teams that want a free call center solution: Zendesk Talk offers a free feature plan that includes core call management capabilities like call recording and voicemail. It also comes with an option to purchase one toll-free or local phone number. This plan allows businesses on a budget to monitor agent activity and pay only for their usage.
Zendesk Talk Pricing
Zendesk Talk’s pricing has five plans with monthly fees that range from $0 to $110 per agent. The main differences between the plans are the phone number limit and access to premium features like IVR. Its Partner Edition plan offers access to the partner’s app or the computer telephony integration (CTI) toolkit, and features vary depending on the partner.
Phone Number Limit
Limited to 1
Answer in Browser
IVR (Phone Trees)
*Annual plans are paid in full at the start of the billing cycle.
To get the total cost, you need to combine your subscription fees plus your usage. Usage fees include phone numbers, text messages, minutes, and voicemail transcription. Several factors also affect prices, such as forwarding calls to an external number and the type of phone number, among others.
Inbound and outbound call minutes, as well as text messages, are sold separately. Outbound call rates start at 2.5 cents per minute.
A 14-day free trial is also available; it provides users with their first virtual phone number and a preview of its dashboard and ticketing system.
Zendesk Talk Features
Zendesk Talk is a contact center software—built into the Zendesk ticketing system—that enables teams to connect with customers. Here are some of Zendesk Talk’s most essential features.
- Call management: Zendesk Talk allows you to make or answer calls in the Zendesk browser without installing any extra phone equipment. It also features warm transfer, automatic ticket creation, call control, conference calling, business hours, and more.
- Business text messaging: Local and toll-free numbers are available for text or phone support (and both for some cases). Other functions include inbound SMS and MMS, outbound SMS, SMS notifications, support workflow, and views and reporting.
- Monitoring and reporting: Its real-time analytics provide an updated view of performance metrics that you need. This feature lets you customize dashboards, identify performance pitfalls and trends, and share information for key performance indicator (KPI) tracking.
- Telephony integrations: Integrate your telephony tool directly into Zendesk Support for embedded softphone, tickets with call information and agent assignment, caller ID, and more. Over 70 telephony apps can also be plugged directly into the Zendesk ticketing system.
- Call quality notifications and failover: Monitor audio issues and network issues in real-time with the help of Zendesk Talk’s call quality notifications. Its software also forwards incoming calls to an alternate number automatically during the rare event of a Zendesk outage to ensure all important calls are never missed.
Zendesk Talk Alternatives 2020
Call Center Software
Teams seeking a platform with strong reporting and metric functionality
Call centers that want to customize their solution with add-on features
Call centers that want to take advantage of collaboration modules such as shared contacts
Healthcare organizations that require a HIPAA-compliant phone system
Starts at $65/seat/month
Companies with an overseas business presence that need unlimited calling to 52 countries
Starts at $29.95/month for 1-4 users
Summary of Zendesk Talk Reviews
As of the date this article was written (June 23, 2020), there aren’t many up-to-date Zendesk Talk reviews available online. If you are a past or current Zendesk Talk customer, leave a review to help others decide whether or not to use the software.
Zendesk Talk Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What do I need to set up Zendesk Talk?
Since Zendesk Talk is a VoIP software, its setup only needs an internet connection, computer, and a headset. You do not need to hire technicians or purchase any other additional telephony hardware to get started.
What types of payment does Zendesk Talk accept?
Zendesk Talk accepts payments made through PayPal and credit cards, such as Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
Am I allowed to transfer my existing phone number to Zendesk Talk?
Yes, you are. You may also set up call forwarding to your current phone number or choose a local or toll-free phone number from over 40 countries.
If you aren’t sure if Zendesk Talk is right for you, this article on the best call center phone systems is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at a variety of solutions and narrowed our recommendations based on pricing, usability, and features, such as interactive voice response, analytics, and reporting.