Zoom Rooms Pros & Cons
Intuitive and easy to use
Audio and video quality dependent on the internet connection
Wide range of useful features like whiteboarding and remote control
Occasional software lags, freezes, and connection issues
Who Zoom Rooms Is Best For
Companies with both in-office and remote teams: Zoom Rooms provides video conferencing tools that improve communication and collaboration between teams regardless of their locations. It lets companies set up user-friendly conference rooms with hardware—that they can lease—to support simultaneous in-person and virtual meetings.
Zoom Rooms Pricing
The Zoom Rooms’ pricing page shows two plans that cost $49 per room, per month. The only difference between the plans is the maximum number of licenses that can be purchased. Those interested may subscribe to a 30-day free trial.
Zoom Rooms Licenses
Zoom Rooms Enterprise
Maximum Number of Licenses
49 or more
One Tap to Join Meeting Rooms
1080p HD Video and Audio
Calendar Integrations with Office 365, Google, and Exchange
Unlimited Digital Signage
*Annual plans are paid in full at the beginning of the billing cycle.
All plans can support 10,000 webinar viewers or up to 1,000 video participants. However, support for these numbers of participants requires additional licenses.
Cloud meeting recording and transcription are available, which are also dependent on the host’s license. Moreover, those with a touch display device may also access touch interactive whiteboarding and co-annotation capabilities.
Optional Add-on Plans
Users who have at least one license may purchase these optional add-on plans:
- Conference room connector: Cloud-based and on-premise room connectors are available, letting you connect your SIP or H.323 systems with Zoom Rooms, desktop, tablet, mobile devices, and more. Prices start at $499 per year.
- Professional services: This service provides a project manager who will assess your needs to design an optimized setup for your meeting spaces and remotely manage the implementation. Installations can be completed either remotely or on-site. Rates are available upon request.
- Hardware as a service: Zoom Rooms lets you lease hardware that comes with upgrades for base fees that start at $25 per device, per month. You may also add managed services to allow its team to handle your hardware’s installation and monitoring.
Zoom Rooms Features
Zoom Rooms allows businesses to set up hardware and software in conference rooms to drive better team collaboration between in-office and remote employees. Here are some of Zoom Rooms’ most essential features.
- Scheduling display: Zoom Rooms offers a meeting space booking system with room utilization features. Its scheduling display lets you view room availability, book a meeting, and check-in for utilization management.
- Digital signage: Its digital signage enables users to share URLs and media, such as videos and images, across any display set up in your office. You may present internal marketing or corporate communications across numerous departments and offices.
- Room deployment and management: Zoom Rooms lets users manage and set rooms by location hierarchies and provides role-based administration features. It also allows remote management and software provisioning.
- Interactive whiteboarding capabilities: Open up to 12 whiteboards simultaneously to drive better team collaboration. These whiteboards enable your meeting participants to view and co-annotate across devices. Whiteboarding sessions can be saved as well.
- Room alerts: Its system allows you to set up alerts to notify the appropriate room systems when any issue occurs. It also enables users to assign specific rooms to your IT managers or Polycom, Connect Cisco, and other SIP devices.
Zoom Rooms Alternatives 2020
Video Conferencing Software
Anybody looking for a free to low-priced screen-sharing software for hosting virtual meetings
Starts at $14.99/host/month
Companies that already use GoTo products like GoToConference and GoToWebinar
Companies that want a full VoIP service plan as well as screen-sharing software
Starts at $19.99/user/month for two to 20 users (paid yearly)
Budget-conscious teams wanting to collaborate using screen-sharing technology without paying for service
Free + 3.9¢/minute for toll-free calling for meetings
Freelancers, solopreneurs, and small teams that want the ability to host video and audio conferences for a low price
Free, and paid version costs $15/user/month
Organizations wanting free integration with Salesforce, G Suite, Slack, and other business applications
Starts at $10/user/month
Which Video Conferencing Software Is Right for You?
Most Helpful Zoom Rooms Reviews
Most users left positive Zoom Rooms reviews online—sharing that its software is easy to use and has many helpful features, such as screen sharing and whiteboarding. Others are impressed with its competitive pricing and the availability of a generous free trial. However, some complained about experiencing occasional low audio and video quality and software lags and freezes.
Compatible with any operating system, an incredible platform to improve company communication
“Zoom is an incredible platform that has many benefits completely designed for the improvement of communication and interaction in the company. Through this tool, you can run video calls, video conferences, and online meetings, and through this platform, you can share images, videos, audios, links, and screen shares. It has a completely good and effective interface designed for any user (without being a professional). Zoom is a tool fully compatible with any operating system, and the application can be accessed from any medium, such as computers and tablets, among others.”
— Eric Baker
Lacks toll-free dial-in numbers for the U.S. & U.K.; support team wasn’t helpful
“What can I say about this basic meeting room space—basic. Don’t look to this platform for a thorough and great learning experience. A simple meeting space to discuss is its best potential. I dislike the lack of toll-free dial-in numbers for the U.S. and the U.K. This system is solely VoIP-based. I’ve had problems with this platform, and I have communicated with the support team, but they didn’t have the necessary training to solve our needs at the time. This didn’t work for us since we are so fast-paced.”
— Gabrielle Dunkerton
Zoom Rooms Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What devices are compatible with Zoom Rooms?
Zoom Rooms supports Windows and Mac operating systems and Zoom Room Appliance. Meanwhile, Zoom Rooms Controller is compatible with iOS and Android devices.
What types of payment does Zoom Rooms accept?
Zoom accepts payments made through credit cards and PayPal. Those who prefer to pay via check, automated clearing house (ACH), and wire transfer may call 1-888-799-9666 to request these payment methods.
What are the maximum number of room cameras & displays?
Zoom Rooms software allows an unlimited number of room cameras and a maximum of three displays.
If you aren’t sure if Zoom Rooms is right for you, this article on the best video conferencing software is a review of our top choices. Our team looked at various solutions and narrowed our recommendations down based on price, ease of use, and features such as call controls, screen sharing, and collaboration tools.